Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of us are preparing for the worst and lord forbid that it should ever come to that. However if you've ever taken the Prepper Test to see how long you would last, you'll have been sobered by the reality that you and your loved ones can only last so long. After that you and your close neighbors (even the ones you don't like) are going to have to come together to get our society back on to the road to recovery.

So what skill set do you bring to the table?

Me? I'm a reloader. I can probably reload most any ammunition that the community will likely need.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Reloading is good sarge but you gotta have supplies? Fixing things is good if there are things to fix them with. With government out of the way I can turn 280 acres of farm land into about 600 since regulations wont get in the way. From that we can feed people, produce some bio fuels, and in general be a kind supplier.

All of us are preparing for the worst and lord forbid that it should ever come to that. However if you've ever taken the Prepper Test to see how long you would last, you'll have been sobered by the reality that you and your loved ones can only last so long. After that you and your close neighbors (even the ones you don't like) are going to have to come together to get our society back on to the road to recovery.

So what skill set do you bring to the table?

Me? I'm a reloader. I can probably reload most any ammunition that the community will likely need.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I would think the more skills you have the better.
I'll try to keep this short. Sure I missed something.
Drive and operate, skid steers, loader, backhoe, forklift etc. Drive anything, including over the road semi.
Can repair and maintain all the above.
Can fabricate anything, wrench and weld. Can also build a house or barn, plumbing, wiring, septic, etc.
Can fix and repair firearms and reload. Know how to use them, not afraid to use them.
Fish, hunt and trap. Clean and can the meat.
Can grow a nice garden.
Am a great cook.
Even read and write, to teach the young ones as a last resort..
These are things I have done over the years to make a living, actual work experience, not something I read in a book. I'm thinking I'll be of some use.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'm pretty sure that most of us that inhabit this forum aren't totally inept imbeciles. We all have skills that will add to the reconstruction of society if we make it that far.

One skill that will be sorely needed is diplomacy. If we get to the point that things have gone to hell in a handbasket, at some point we will have to start interacting with each other, or other groups again. We will not be able to live safely if we cannot negotiate with others that don't necessarily share our point of view.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I would think the more skills you have the better.
I'll try to keep this short. Sure I missed something.
Drive and operate, skid steers, loader, backhoe, forklift etc. Drive anything, including over the road semi.
Can repair and maintain all the above.
Can fabricate anything, wrench and weld. Can also build a house or barn, plumbing, wiring, septic, etc.
Can fix and repair firearms and reload. Know how to use them, not afraid to use them.
Fish, hunt and trap. Clean and can the meat.
Can grow a nice garden.
Am a great cook.
Even read and write, to teach the young ones as a last resort..
These are things I have done over the years to make a living, actual work experience, not something I read in a book. I'm thinking I'll be of some use.
I have an unmarried daughter...lol

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Does thinning the herd count.
Really I know a fair amount about farming. If it takes to long to starting the recovery I would likely be dead by then .
It would be someones else job

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
177 Posts
Extensive Combat Training
- Hand to hand
- Basic Marksmanship
- Tactical Movement and Defensive Procedures
- Long Range Tactical Marksmanship

Heavy Construction Equipment Operations
- Front Bucket Loader
- Grader
- Scraper
- 2.5 - 10 ton dumps
- Bulldozer
- Excavator

Military level law enforcement training (MP)

IF and only IF there magically appears to be military grade explosives, I know how to properly handle and use those as well as my last MOS was Combat Engineer.

That's all the military stuff that I have done in my life and still to date have the experience and discipline to use.

Civilian based I guess I can reload given the supplies are there
Trapping
Hunting and fishing
MINIMAL farm and gardening exp.

I guess I am more a gatherer of resources than I am a Mr. Fixit but I am capable of learning anything. I dont know how useful a person like me could or would be but thats about what I can bring to the table at the moment./

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All interesting. Does anyone know how to make medicine? Does anyone know how to run a steam engine? Does anyone know how to type morse code using a telegrapher's key? Does anyone have a print library of specialty books? Is there anyone out there who is an old time manchinist

1 - 20 of 75 Posts