Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last year with Carry conceal passing in Wisconsin Wife and I gave everyone in the family new hand guns. While we all open carried the weapons everyone had were rather large for CC. The last couple years Birthdays have been long guns one type or another.
We understand Christmas is not about Santa and the gift thing. It is however a time when we do at least go along with giving gifts to family. As a family that is prepared we view firearms as a prefect gift.We worked our tails off to get to a point we can give so why not. Not every dime needs to go grandchildren education fund.
I had given though to this year making it accessories things like Scopes sights ect. But my wrapped way of thinking kicked in.
If you look at the market there must be many times the scopes and sights out there for every weapon on the market. Makes sense they are not regulated and in some cases cost nearly as much a a weapon does. If Obama and his followers manage to reduce the available weapons it will be to late to acquire the ones on your wish list. But accessories add on parts they will still be around for some time after the weapon is banned. I some times think if they banned the AR today there would be a 5 years or more supply of add on parts to be unloaded. Same for just about and rifle or hand gun.
Wife, sons daughter have enough hand guns I thinking long guns. I know a good 308 or 300 mag never goes to waste. Daughter has her 6920 now maybe a Adam Arms gas piston would fit well beside it.
So what is on you giving list this year the hardware or the accessories.
Even if it is not a gift do you what is you priority? That out outstanding scope or the next rifle.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
We have given our daughter and son-in-law guns and miscellaneous other shooting stuff as gifts. But I have to admit that our motives are not 100% pure. We do want them to have a decent collection of firearms to protect themselves as well as enjoy if SHTF does not happen. But my wife and I are really into the whole redundancy thing and frankly we are about out of room to store some of this stuff. Since the kids, grandkids, etc. will be with us in a bad situation, it makes good sense to help setup their arsenal to match our own.

Also, Mrs Inor and I have to renew our concealed carry permits pretty soon. In Minnesota that means sitting through a class and going to a range to qualify. Since the kids have all expressed an interest in obtaining their CC permits as well, we are going to just hire an instructor to come to our home and go through the whole process privately as a family. Normally I dread sitting through the class because we always seem to get stuck with some loudmouth know-it-all jackass that is trying to prove he knows more than the instructor. But this time, going through it as a family, I am actually looking forward to it.

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
We have given our daughter and son-in-law guns and miscellaneous other shooting stuff as gifts. But I have to admit that our motives are not 100% pure. We do want them to have a decent collection of firearms to protect themselves as well as enjoy if SHTF does not happen. But my wife and I are really into the whole redundancy thing and frankly we are about out of room to store some of this stuff. Since the kids, grandkids, etc. will be with us in a bad situation, it makes good sense to help setup their arsenal to match our own.

Also, Mrs Inor and I have to renew our concealed carry permits pretty soon. In Minnesota that means sitting through a class and going to a range to qualify. Since the kids have all expressed an interest in obtaining their CC permits as well, we are going to just hire an instructor to come to our home and go through the whole process privately as a family. Normally I dread sitting through the class because we always seem to get stuck with some loudmouth know-it-all jackass that is trying to prove he knows more than the instructor. But this time, going through it as a family, I am actually looking forward to it.
Redundancy is good! I have doubled down with gifts for my sons and wife. They both have the same model and caliber handgun same gauge shotgun etc and I give them mags and ammo periodically so they have some redundancy. I've never given a scope as a gift but have given some tactical accessories and holsters. Like Inor, my motives are a bit selfish so we have given our sons tools every Christmas and most birthdays. That way they don't borrow my tools and I can borrow theirs if I need something I don't have. Its funny, I have some old hand me downs from my old man, and tools that I have accumulated over the years but I don't have many of the newer "gimmick" tools like you see by Kobalt at Lowes. I give those to my son's to see if they work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts