Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With everything that's going on around the globe,do we need to be scared ?scared of loosing our freedom ?our independence ?our way of life?safety? Scared of loosing everything? i think the bad times for the USA. are near and this time there's no bailout that can fix it.what your opinion?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I believe there are threats to our way of life. If you fear them, use your fear as a tool to stay focused on what you must do to be in the best position you can be for you and yours. Let fear or uncertainty be your motivation to make the most of what may come.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
If you are prepared in heart, mind, and soul then very little should scare you. If you are prepared to self sustain on your own without any assistance from anyone else and God's faith is secure in you - fear nothing.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
If you are prepared in heart, mind, and soul then very little should scare you. If you are prepared to self sustain on your own without any assistance from anyone else and God's faith is secure in you - fear nothing.
Problem is how many are really in that position?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Fear is not the enemy - what you do with that fear is what matters.

We all feel fear but some run from it which makes it stronger while others hold it and go on, a few conquer their fear and cherish it as something that tells you when it is time to act.

If you feel fear then it is time to act.

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
There's a lot of people around the world, and sadly a lot of people in this country that doesn't seem to have their thinking right. A lot of people in this country that want the government to have total control of our lives.
There is also great many people who are still thinking right, love their country, their freedom, and aren't about to give it up to anyone. They aren't the ones you will see on tv, magazines or about anywhere else, they are the ones content on earning an honest living and enjoying their American dream.
It's always the loose squeaky wheels you'll hear the most, not the ones that are humming along working as they were designed. Yeah, the crazies will run around spouting how they are going to change this country into something else, but there is limit to what the sane people in this country will endure, and when that line is crossed, I fully believe the common people armed with common sense will rise up and put the crazies back in their place.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Fearing what you can't control is a waste of time. We're all going to die someday anyways, but living your life in fear of pain, loss or death is wasting the time you have here that you should be embracing and thankful for. Whatever happens, it was meant to happen and you need to accept change when it comes and roll with it, doing your best till it's your time to move on.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Let's cast another light on this...

What we fear is basically the unknown, the uncertainty, the hopeless feeling that things could quickly escalate to the point where we have no control over our fates.

We can remove these fears by prepping, which lets us know that, no matter what happens, we will have the tools, skills, and resources needed to make it through the darkness. There are several ways to go about it, but the best (at least to me) is moving along a path of greater self-reliance. By doing this, we can assure ourselves of maintaining at least some control over what happens to us.

Plant a few fruit trees, grow a garden, learn to can, buy or make a dehydrator, etc, etc, etc. If we do that, we can be prepared AND save money. This can translate to less overtime, more time spent in meaningful activities with friends and family, and generally a better way of life. If our quality of life improves, the only thing we give up is the fear.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I fear the unknown number of people that will show up expecting me to help them survive. The part of that that i fear is will i have enough ammo to defend what will keep my family alive.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I live in Britain and haven't got a gun but do I look scared in this video (under my wargaming name of Poor Old Spike)?
Nah, notice the calm confident arrogant body language and unearthly swagger, play it fullscreen for maximum dramatic effect!
Doomsday? BRING IT ON..:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
My views my not be the most popular but I can live with that. I'll start out by saying I place my trust in God so I really have nothing to fear. It's funny, for years I've had these fear discussions with my and in the beginning should just could not believe that I really was not afraid of anything. After being married to me and watching how I live my she knows that when I said I dont fear anything I mean it.

Now that doesn't mean I'm going to stick my hand in a boiling pot of water because I'm not afraid of it. It means I'm not going to do it because like the results of doing something stupid.

IMO most people fear things they can not control, will not get or dont want to lose. My position is that God has total control so I don't need to worry about it. If God wants me to have something I'll have if not I wont. (that's the short version of that conversation).

Having said all that I'm human and there are things that I dont want to give up. There is a way of live that I want to live. So I do the things that I think give me the best chance of keeping what I have and getting what I want.

Does that mean I'll get my way...probably not in all cases, but I dont have to fear it. My job is to do the actions...the results I get by doing those actions is determined by God.

Fear can be a paralyzing force...faith on the other hand is liberating.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
To me fear I can rationally prepare for, scared indicates the response will likely be irrational or at least reflexive. God is in control I try to prepare in accord with his plan not counter to his plan.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
A little fear is probably a good thing it keeps one cautious and on their toes, a lot of fear is bad because it cause one to over react or not react at all. Seems to me a little fear goes a long way and a lot of fear would only serve to shorten my life (stress) get me killed.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
You all make good points. Especially the one of fear can paralize you. So do as we all do. Prepare, believe in God taking care of us and pray that the future for our kids is not as bleak as it looks. God Bless us, everyone.

And Lucy Jim? You're cooler than James Bond....:cool:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst....

... it's just another day in paradise.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
every thing that government is doing, is to keep you safe. We have been doing these things slowly over an extended period of time so that you will become acclimated to the temperature as we turn up the flame. You will barely notice that your freedoms and liberties have been taken away until you are in a communist utopia.

Think Germany 1925 through 1930, Instead of doing it over a five year period we are doing it over a 20 year period.

The elderly who can see the difference will have expired.

The young will not know the difference.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts