Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Not sure where you got this but My first impression was its a scam to make money. I saw no assault other than a hand and a lot of camera motion. not real in my book.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Not sure where you got this but My first impression was its a scam to make money. I saw no assault other than a hand and a lot of camera motion. not real in my book.
Since when is it illegal to record police from your own property? Of course I wasn't there, and may be things I am not seeing, but looks like he was not getting in the way of the police doing their job.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,076 Posts
Hands visible or not, being arrested for filming public servants while on public(sidewalk) of private(own lawn) property is assault.
The man behind the camera committed no crime.
It is not illegal to disobey an illegal order, regardless of whether the person in authority labels it a "lawful" one or not.

·
Registered
12,443 Posts
Since when is it illegal to record police from your own property? Of course I wasn't there, and may be things I am not seeing, but looks like he was not getting in the way of the police doing their job.
Agreed. This is enforcement run a muck. With the way lawsuits are today I can understand their reluctance to be on film. But as the government says to you if your not doing anything wrong you should have no objection to being searched, questioned or filmed with or without notice or permission. That is a two way street. Correction: Its our street and the police are civil servants. I will record government representatives from my own property if I choose and there should be nothing the government can legally do about it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Looks like Military guys to me, not police. Maybe there was more going on there than the guy who video'd it knew.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Do they look like cops no. Are they, probably. Cops today are being taught they can be recorded since the supremes upheld doing so. If this person was truly prevented then he has legit civil action. If he is scamming then he's sound an audience willing to buy his scam.

Assuming it's not a scam we live in a society where he is free to post this, hire a lawyer and add significantly to his savings. Try that in China, Cuba, or Iran....he'll try that in 70% of the world....

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Bull if the little shit got his head blown off by crossfire his parents would have a lawyer at city hall before daylight. They identified themselves as police. If illegally impersonating a police officer they went to a lot of trouble to do it.

It is not illegal to make such recordings. However the police have the authority and responsibility to establish a reasonable perimeter of safety. If the little shit was inside recording from a window likely nothing would have been said to him.

If his rights were violated he has the proof. I would like to know this full story and how a judge ruled.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
long as people keep seeing those scenes and thinking. Ridiculous is what it looked like and grown men embarrassed to be seen doing that. Like they should be.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Police state this is what the people who are suppose to protect us look like, and do. The Nazi Gestapo is not much different then some of our "police". How long is it going to be be for we are forced to register fire arms in the name of safety, or show papers for the right to do something? What happen to being an American citizen was our right to do as we pleased legally, or own firearms/weapons? How much long is it going to be be for we are a 100% police state with no freedoms or liberties? When are the American people going to wake up and stand up for their self? We need to stop standing by wile evil succeeds, and put a stop to it and show the world and the people what we will not put up with. Sadly we will put up with this or else it wouldn't be to this point.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Someone needs to add something to this story. Was the person being served have a known violent record?

I guess I am lucky. I never have these bad run-ins with the law that some of you seem to have experienced.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
So the nazi Gestapo was not much different? You know this due to your vast experience and research on them I'm sure. Your brilliant comparison must have evidence of mass murders by those AMERICANS you hate so much, forced incarceration of religious groups, torturous investigations, and massive rapes and brutalizations of millions? Where is it owe enlightened one?

GOD I'm glad we can block ignore some real winners around here!

Police state this is what the people who are suppose to protect us look like, and do. The Nazi Gestapo is not much different then some of our "police". How long is it going to be be for we are forced to register fire arms in the name of safety, or show papers for the right to do something? What happen to being an American citizen was our right to do as we pleased legally, or own firearms/weapons? How much long is it going to be be for we are a 100% police state with no freedoms or liberties? When are the American people going to wake up and stand up for their self? We need to stop standing by wile evil succeeds, and put a stop to it and show the world and the people what we will not put up with. Sadly we will put up with this or else it wouldn't be to this point.

·
Registered
420 Posts
So the nazi Gestapo was not much different? You know this due to your vast experience and research on them I'm sure. Your brilliant comparison must have evidence of mass murders by those AMERICANS you hate so much, forced incarceration of religious groups, torturous investigations, and massive rapes and brutalizations of millions? Where is it owe enlightened one?

GOD I'm glad we can block ignore some real winners around here!
When the Gestapo first came about they didn't jump right to killing millions of jews. It was a slow process in which the people voted away their rights, we ok with certain things on certain groups of people(the jews), and things like it. As for hating Americans I don't know were you got that from. My guess is your narrow mindness in which if someone brings up a point that doesn't agree with yours then they are wrong. History has a thing for repeating it's self. Some of the things happening now in America are very similar to the things that happened in Germany be for ww2, and yes I do some research on history and current events.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
When you compare the police today to the gestapo of Germany prior to WWII or during WWII without qualification you deserve the rant I gave you. I'm sorry anyone that wants to make that statement without qualification I'd prefer to ignore to be honest; you qualified it some - thank you.

I can find a parallel to modern day law enforcement to pre WWII german police sure and I can also find parallels to the NFL in Roman gladiator games too. It doesn't mean the parallels are truly legitimate. When idiots on the American left try to restrict firearms I don't hear them saying restrict them from Jews, Muslims, or Christians - they are pretty darn equal opportunistic haters of firearms and they don't differentiate one group from another. The germans did that - you know that correct?

When the Gestapo first came about they didn't jump right to killing millions of jews. It was a slow process in which the people voted away their rights, we ok with certain things on certain groups of people(the jews), and things like it. As for hating Americans I don't know were you got that from. My guess is your narrow mindness in which if someone brings up a point that doesn't agree with yours then they are wrong. History has a thing for repeating it's self. Some of the things happening now in America are very similar to the things that happened in Germany be for ww2, and yes I do some research on history and current events.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts