Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking out for everyone to remind them not to store any type of food in opened metal cans in the refrigerator. Over the years I would get sick because I stored frozen fish in a coffee can and about every other time I would get sick. I finally got sick enough where I went to the emergency room and the doctors asked me what I ate and I told them. They first thought it was my appendix, but then realized my white blood cell count was extremely high. They said that metal attracts bacteria and even grows stronger in the cool environment (fridge). I told them I cooked it well enough, but they still tracked it down to this. Over the years, my family has left metal forks, spoons, left open cans of food in the fridge and I have never thought about this. Just a friendly reminder everyone!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've hear of this also, some friends of some friends etc got sick, went to the er and it turned out to be where they left a fork or spoon in a can of potted meat. They had the s***s for weeks because of this.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Totally didn't know that. I've been feedin' my kids food out of metal cans in the fridge for forever. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts