Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is amazing how different the temps are here in Montana compared to Florida.. It was right at 90deg here today and we have yet to even think about air conditioning yet. We don't have it here so it wouldn't help to think about it.. Back in Florida, you need AC almost all year. It is so humid it is unbearable.. I remember the power being out for weeks after hurricanes in Florida and the heat is almost unbearable being inside.. We just close the curtains here in Montana and turn on 1 fan and it is nice and comfortable! And at night, it drops down to the 40's and 50's..

On the flip side, Florida in the winter is in the 60's and 70's usually. Here in Montana it is in down to 40 below.. So I guess it evens out!! Me being from Florida you would think I prefer the heat. Up until a few years ago I would have picked the heat.. Now, i just don;t like it when I walk from the house to the Jeep and am drenched in sweat!! I must have changed over the years.. That, and there are far fewer Boom Boom radios driving by here.. That and everyone speaks ENGLISH here.. There are parts of Florida where street signs are written in English and Spanish.. There are parts of Miami (Little Cuba) where the signs are in SPANISH ONLY!!! Welcome to America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
72 for a high today in West MI. Long sleeves and regular cargo pants to keep the 'skeeters and ticks off.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was born in SE Arizona and moved to Eastern Kansas as a kid, now I live on the east coast. Humidity is a terrible thing, I've become convinced of that. I cannot wait to move back out west in the next year or so, it's not even 10am but my poor AC has to be on constantly just to maintain 75 inside because it's so sticky and muggy out. I'd take a dry heat any day, but once temperatures get above 100, that's to much for me, dry heat or not lol

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
PrepConsultant
Supposed to get in the triple digits in southern Idaho this weekend. It might happen, if not then it will get close to those temps either way it'll be hot.

When it's dry (no humidity) some shade a slight breeze plenty of water and high 80's low 90's are tolerable without running the AC. I can handle the below zero and above one hundred and everything in between we get here as long as it's dry.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The Walla Walla county and surrounding areas are slated for 104F today and tomorrow. I was out working on (in) my "garages" yesterday in 97 degree temps and the inside (not yet insulated) temp read 107F.
It wasn't too bad but I wouldn't want to be doing any hard physical labor under those conditions.

I forgot to mention that the wiring is complete and we get the inspection on Monday!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
.59 f today,(sat) rain last nite,big t-storms yesterday,weds+thurs was 86 and 90,we are having a goofy summer here and beaucoup mosquitos.

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
North Florida a few miles south of the Georgia line - 1:02 PM and the remote sensor is telling me that out in the shade of the horse stalls it's 89.6 degrees with 66% humidity.
Now, from mid July to late August it will be above 105 in the shade most days, but the humidity isn't as bad as South Florida.
In the winter we will see mornngs in the teens. December of 2011 set a record for having 22 consecutive mornings below freezing.
First frost is usually by the last few days of October.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I lived most of my life in Florida till about 14 years ago when I moved to Idaho, I do not miss the humidity at all.Ya we get our hot days around here, this weekend is going to get around 105 but totally worth it to have all 4 seasons.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I live in south Florida about 5 miles from the beach and the humidity is horrible. Sometimes it is like walking into a wet blanket it is so bad. Sometimes the afternoon rains ease the humidity sometimes makes it worse. I only do outside work in early morning or evening

·
Registered
93 Posts
In Toronto ontario 4 days ago it 90 degrees, felt like 105 degrees. There is a big difference in tempature change.
The changes are most likly due to climate changes.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Live in Arkansas, it's just as bad. Yesterday reached over a 100, we had a cold front come through and it's a balmy 92. I'm drenched in sweat by 7:30 in the morning and it don't let up till I hit the shop at 2 in the afternoon. I'm craving salt...which I have NEVER DONE in my life..so that's something new to have to deal with. I don't like it either....(the sweating that is...LOL)

I hate summer, never have liked it. The only time I do enjoy summer is if I'm kicked back floating a river, or on a raft with my toe hung on a booey relaxing... and drinking a cold beer!:grin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.