Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a diesel, auto and heavy equipment mechanic/fab/part time black smith at home.
i hick fish hunt camp and wish i could just git lost for a week in the woods of Alaska, with my bug out bag.
father 2 times and husband
workaholics
provider
prepper

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know what you mean. When in my teens wanted to go to Canada to hunt, trap & get lost. Still seems like it would have been a good idea. Welcome from Pa.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome, international trip. We have some similar orientations (hike, camp, hunt) and aspirations (getting ‘lost’ in the real woods). Good to see another ‘smith’ at the forum as well.

If you don’t mind my asking, what nature of smith word do you do? I do whatever hammer work is necessary to support day to day welding and fab tasks, but also do historic/survival items (and demo’s) like nails, flint-strikers, fish hooks, bodkins (English arrowheads), fire tongs, cooking skewers, utility hooks, etc. My next set of projects is perfecting an assortment of agricultural hand tools.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome from NW Arkansas. We have similar skills and backgrounds it seems.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow I need to git on here a bit more. thanks for the Welcome

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome, international trip. We have some similar orientations (hike, camp, hunt) and aspirations (getting 'lost' in the real woods). Good to see another 'smith' at the forum as well.

If you don't mind my asking, what nature of smith word do you do? I do whatever hammer work is necessary to support day to day welding and fab tasks, but also do historic/survival items (and demo's) like nails, flint-strikers, fish hooks, bodkins (English arrowheads), fire tongs, cooking skewers, utility hooks, etc. My next set of projects is perfecting an assortment of agricultural hand tools.

Hope you enjoy the forum.
Look like u left?
As fare as black smithing go's I'm still gitting it figured out "self tought"
Would like to meat some more smiths...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts