Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Dick's Sporting Goods today, and noticed that my local store has now dedicated 2 whole aisles to prepper type merchandise. I then went to another local home improvement / outdoors warehouse, and discovered that they had significantly increased their selection of the same type merchandise. Is anyone else noticing this, or is this a local thing? Some of it could be due to spring / camping weather coming up I guess, but not all of the items I saw are geared toward camping.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Many of us will never set foot inside a Dicks ever again.

·
Registered
24,251 Posts
I do not care what Dick's has for sale or even give-away. My shadow will never pass over that threshold again.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Thats good to hear and thanks for the heads up I might go by and peruse the premisis. Not sure I will seriously consider buying anything there after Corprate's reaction to the latest shooting tragidy...If I do, it will have to be one steal of a deal I cant even closely match else where first. I just dont feel like I want to patronize a company that has that sort of philosopy. Like CTD, I dont think they are as interested in the customers and their 2nd amendment rights as much as they are being politically correct and willing to sell their soul for just one more almighty dollar. IDK...maybe I just have that big a woody for a company like that. Thats unfortunate cause they do have a number of things I prefer to buy there rather than someplace else.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've never bin to dicks they don't have them in Canada but what happened y do all you guys not like them?

·
Registered
496 Posts
.....Like CTD, I dont think they are as interested in the customers and their 2nd amendment rights as much as they are being politically correct and willing to sell their soul for just one more almighty dollar.....

For quite some time I had used and recommended CTD to a lot of my friends until this last run on ammo and supplies. I was buying 15 round M1 carbine mags from them paying 9.97 per in mid November. Soon as the run started, they jumped to 19.97 per, a week later upped it to 29.95 and last time I checked, the were at 39.95 per. Same mag, same manufacturer. Bought several extras on another sight for 11.95. Think I'm done with them.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I do not go to Dick's anymore. They are not friending to gun owners who want to protect their AW firearms. Bad store.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey I got a Remington 11-87 at a 10% discount and then got a 75$ rebate at Dicks ( 325$ ) then bought a Varmint Barrel 22.250 Remington 700 SPS for 400$ then got a 50$ Rebate...I'm shooting 500 yard bottle caps with the same gun....I cant complain!

·
Super Moderator
9,219 Posts
Like CTD, I dont think they are as interested in the customers and their 2nd amendment rights as much as they are being politically correct and willing to sell their soul for just one more almighty dollar. IDK...maybe I just have that big a woody for a company like that. Thats unfortunate cause they do have a number of things I prefer to buy there rather than someplace else.
CTD is in it for the buck, nothing else. They lost a customer here too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a capitalist at heart but there is a difference between making a profit and outright rape.

Those companies that choose to be politically correct will lose business too. When they choose to vote with their products or lack there of, I can choose to vote with my wallet.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I'll shop there, after an EMP event with a crow bar. They opened one only 10 blocks from my house, and have nothing would pay them for.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I've never bin to dicks they don't have them in Canada but what happened y do all you guys not like them?
Not really too much wrong with them. They have some stupendous deals on fire arms, camping gear and fishing gear at times. I will not take that away from them at all. For example I got a Mossberg Turkey Gun from them for 219.00 out the door new in box not a display model thats been fingered, grouped or caressed, thats roughly half the price I was going to pay for a Remington 870 super mag and just chump change beyond what a run of the mill no frills Maverick 88 would have cost me. They sell a brand of Slash Bait I use here locally on the lakes thats as good as a Rapala XR-5 but at 1.99 vs 6.99. In fact I normally buy everyone they get in cleaning the shelf off leaving it bear...they are that effective here and I terrorize the local fish population with them! In the past I often bought a lot of my camping gear there.

Im all for being a capitalist in every sense of the word and think that business will do a good job of policing themselves if the government steps back and allows the system to work as it was designed to. It would make them much more competitive too giving customers more bang for their hard earned buck. But as a poster eluded too earlier, there is a difference in making a profit and gang raping your customers that have made you successful all of these years gone by.

The problem with CTD and Dicks Sporting Goods and several others is they either tried to gouge their customers in the current ammo shortage or in the interest of political correctness removed anything AR or even remotely associated with those "evil black rifles" off the shelf. Dicks also has a exclusive contract with Stag which they renigged on which has undoubtedly cost Stag untold thousands over the last month and I think has also resulted in a law suit for damages if I herd correctly. So not only do I have a difference of opinion with Dicks, I also am appauled that they would cave to the pressure of political correctness and show a complete disregard to the 2nd Amendment knowing that thier gun owning customers would be screwed in the process. In many cases before the shooting many customers paid in advance for AR's at christmas speacial prices long before the shooting occured and instead of doing the right thing and honoring sales already made cancelled these customers order and sent them a check and a small gift card as a token for being A.. Raped and called it good. It would have been one thing if they had honored all of the prior sales and decided to no longer carry them anymore and compensated Stag accordingly, but they did not and apparently dont seem to care that they didnt. To me this is not only wrong but very lacking in integrity to say the least. While its their business and they can run it the way they so chose, I am a potential customer who would have spent 3-5K there a year, and if this is the way they respect thier customers and distributors, then I will choose to vote with my dollars and patronize a company that actually gives a shit about gun owners and the constitution even if it cost me a buck or two more for the same ammo else where. The three guns I was going to buy the last three months are now on order with Doc's Gun Shop in Carrollton even if it is a longer drive and cost a little bit more. At least then I am supporting someone who has integrity but I am also supporting someone who supports me and my hobby as well as the constitution.

Hopefully that explains it about as clear as it can be. I realize that being Canadian this seems like a lot of much to do about very little. But unlike Canadians, we have a constitution that garuentees us certain rights and although you might not be able to tell after our last presidential election, little minor details like the ones in our constitution are a very big deal to at least 46.?% of Americans which I and many on this board are pretty sensitive about in that respect.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
To all of you Dick's haters ( I am one of them) who say they wont go there again, blah blah blah,

they will start selling door buster items for you like 550 round .22 LR for 9.99 per box

.223 semi brass 300 rounds for 161 dollars.

And then you will say only this one time.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
To all of you Dick's haters ( I am one of them) who say they wont go there again, blah blah blah,

they will start selling door buster items for you like 550 round .22 LR for 9.99 per box

No I will not. They sold out and caved to obama . Just as I will not shop at a business that post no CC I will never set foot in a Dicks.
If they firer the clown that caved make a public statement about it and make right the people they ripped off Forgiveness can happen.

Reactions: Irish

·
Registered
2,797 Posts

If they start selling 550 rounds of Federal Bulk 22 rim fire for less than 10 fun dollars, that will be a pretty cold day in hell and yes I might have to reconsider on that one item. As far as 223....I have in excess of 55k in once fired LC and WCC headstamped brass and 4 reloading presses...I dont think so. They will have to do much better than that! Now should they start selling 8 lbs Kegs of CFE-223 or Varget and Winchester Small Rifle Primers for about 1/2 off, that might be another story. Unfortunately I probably have a better chance of seeing the 3rd coming of Christ...yeah I know we are still waiting for the 2nd coming to happen and thats my point exactly.

·
Registered
296 Posts
No I will not. They sold out and caved to obama . Just as I will not shop at a business that post no CC I will never set foot in a Dicks.
If they firer the clown that caved make a public statement about it and make right the people they ripped off Forgiveness can happen.
\

Amen to that!!

Plus almost every Dicks I have been to they have been just that. . . Dick's!!!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I had a gift certificate for Dicks everything was so overpriced I just wound up buying Jerky and Gummy worms for my funfood bag.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I was given a gift certificate for Apple bees they post no CC. I burnt it.
In this state if it goes unredeemed they do not get to keep the cash it will after a period of time be forfeited.
I stand by what I believe. The price for caving in is to high.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts