Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: I do not rely on InfoWars as a reliable news source.

Noticed this article on InfoWars:

» US Government Orders 14 Million Doses of Potassium Iodide Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

First paragraph of article:
January 1, 2014
The Department of Health and Human Services has ordered 14 million doses of potassium iodide, the compound that protects the body from radioactive poisoning in the aftermath of severe nuclear accidents, to be delivered before the beginning of February.

The article further indicates no prior solications of this type/magnitude have been published.

This is the link to the Federal Business Opportunities page with the actual solicitation:

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...35272c80ad292aeb9d1ba7&tab=core&tabmode=list&

This is the (abbreviated) text of the solicitation:
Solicitation Number:
14-284-SOL-0015A Notice Type:
Combined Synopsis/Solicitation Synopsis:
Added: Dec 06, 2013 3:35 pm
(i) This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for a commercial item prepared in accordance with FAR Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued.

(ii) The solicitation number is 14-284-SOL-0015A. This solicitation is issued as an Request for Quote (RFQ).

(iii) The corresponding NAICS code is 325412 and the small business standard size is 750 employees.

(iv) The contract line item number, item, quantity and unit of measure is :

Line No. 001; potassium iodide tablet, 65mg, unit dose package of 20s; 700,000 packages (of 20s)

(v) Delivery is required on or before February 1, 2014. Delivery will be made to: DHHS, SSC, Bldg #5 Receiving Dock, PErry Point,MD 21902

-------------------------------

I find this interesting. Could DHS be concerned with recent problems with the Fukushima reactor in Japan, or, is something else brewing????

14 million doses of anti-radiation tablets? That's a LOT of doses.

Your thoughts?

Could be a good idea not to wander to far from home in February or March...

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Why would you not see InfoWars as a reliable source. Take the news items they offer and draw your own conclusions.

Why would they be doing this? This thread is a good indicator...
http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/news-links/6663-folks-west-rockies-looks-like-you-danger.html

There is cause for concern.

It isn't a nuclear panacea, either.

CDC Radiation Emergencies | Facts About Potassium Iodide (KI)

Get yours without waiting for the government to give it to you...

IOSAT? Potassium Iodide Tablets

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Northern California, although not directly on the coast. May not count for much if Fukushima really goes sideways, but, I don't have to worry about Godzilla. :roll:

I've got Potassium Iodide on hand already, ordered a few more earlier this morning- they're not expensive.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
They just like to spend money

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm in Northern California, although not directly on the coast. May not count for much if Fukushima really goes sideways, but, I don't have to worry about Godzilla. :roll:

I've got Potassium Iodide on hand already, ordered a few more earlier this morning- they're not expensive.
How are you going to know when to take it?

·
Super Moderator
9,646 Posts
The govt is probably just beefing up their supplies. I have a friend who works for the govt. She told me over 10 yrs that the govt has been stockpiling this. I offered to give her some and that's when she informed that she was already covered.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Why do they always leave me out! I didn't get any of the ammo or a MRAP and now I didn't get radiation tabs! It's gotta be true because its on infowars! :roll:

·
Registered
24,529 Posts

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
I don't want an MRAP. Nowhere to park it and I can't afford the maintenance of most anything the military uses.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I don't want an MRAP. Nowhere to park it and I can't afford the maintenance of most anything the military uses.
I'm just pissed because I never saw one and no body asked me if I wanted to go to MRAP driving school! ;) On a serious note I have noticed that the armored vehicles that were purchased by my local departments are coming up for sale are gone all together. Apparently the cool factor wore off after the first service.

·
Registered
179 Posts
700,000 packages? That doesn't even cover one decent sized city... even if it was 14 million packages I wouldn't be too worried.
Its probably just enough for the gov't and some of the military to protect them. But if there isn't enough for everyone, they will have nothing to govern....

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Why do they always leave me out! I didn't get any of the ammo or a MRAP and now I didn't get radiation tabs! It's gotta be true because its on infowars! :roll:
Meanwhile at a nearby RV storage facility Nurse Holly has a fully loaded down with ammo MRAP and a fresh stock of Potassium Iondine tabs:lol:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
It is a conspiracy! First they tell us the west coast is going to be glowing soon, then make it known they are buying potassium iodine. Another crisis that Obama can save us from. Takes the attention off everything else.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Iodine tablets are meant to protect only against radioactive iodine isotopes when your body is depleted of its natural iodine. If you use iodized salt the tablets are worthless to you because you already have a surplus of iodine in your system. A good balanced diet is better than all the pills in the world.

·
Super Moderator
9,646 Posts
Mmmmmmmm............ 1st they order large quantities of MRE's, now they are updating the stock of potassium iodine. I wonder what's next?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.