Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
You have to ask yourself though.....is the government's priority when an EMP or nuke scenario happens going to be helping the people or consolidating their power and establishing their rule? First thing would be to house those in power somewhere safe and then reach out their tendrils to outer lying states and finding out how much gunpower they can amass. Conscription has happened on more than one occasion, something that serious would be a wonderful reason to bring it back.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I keep hearing "the military is EMP shielded" and it concerns me. We used to spend LOTS of money on EMP shielding... and now we pretty much ignore it. Only certain PL 1 assets get EMP shielding ... and not all of them. Right now... we are going into Solar Max... actually, we are a bit late... but my point is, we take coronal mass ejections (solar flares in common terms) very seriously in the satellite business. We spend precious fuel turning them away from CMEs to protect sensors and computer equipment (shielding is heavy so we usually have limited amounts and turn the satellite to compensate)... and often times, we turn them off until the event has passed.

Miniaturization of electronics increases risk... and just about everything nowadays is miniaturized.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Another good article on the grid going down for an extended time and our govt's lack of concern about it.

Cyberattacks, Solar Storms And EMP Weapons: The U.S. Power Grid Is Extremely Vulnerable And An Extended Blackout Is Inevitable
A lot of Americans are mocking Venezuela right now, but the truth is that what has happened to them could also happen to us very easily. As you will see below, DARPA is so concerned about the possibility of a cyberattack taking down our power grid that they held an extended exercise recreating such a scenario late last year. And even though scientists tell us that it is inevitable that a "solar tsunami" will absolutely devastate our power grid at some point, our leaders on the federal level refuse to spend the money that it would take to protect our basic electrical infrastructure. In addition, Russia, China, North Korea and others have developed extremely advanced EMP weapons, and we have absolutely no protection against them. One way or another, an extended blackout will eventually happen in the United States, and so we should try to learn some lessons from what is going on in Venezuela right now.
Cyberattacks, Solar Storms And EMP Weapons: The U.S. Power Grid Is Extremely Vulnerable And An Extended Blackout Is Inevitable

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
Grid down, by terrorists, prelude to war, rogue nation, or hacking, is number one on my list. It's just to easy.

Reactions: RedLion

·
Banned
111 Posts
I keep hearing "the military is EMP shielded" and it concerns me. We used to spend LOTS of money on EMP shielding... and now we pretty much ignore it. Only certain PL 1 assets get EMP shielding ... and not all of them. Right now... we are going into Solar Max... actually, we are a bit late... but my point is, we take coronal mass ejections (solar flares in common terms) very seriously in the satellite business. We spend precious fuel turning them away from CMEs to protect sensors and computer equipment (shielding is heavy so we usually have limited amounts and turn the satellite to compensate)... and often times, we turn them off until the event has passed.

Miniaturization of electronics increases risk... and just about everything nowadays is miniaturized.
Shielded.....nope maybe the bombers are. Not much else would be. Doesnt matter most cars and trucks will run. The grid will be destroyed.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts