Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to develop a verbal and nonverbal code that my girlfriend and I could use in situations where it was impossible to communicate in the clear. I have been trying to find resources to point me in the right direction, but so far I haven't been able to find much.

I thought it would be easy to just sit down and say x = y, but honestly I'm struggling. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Do you guys have pre-determined codes/signals? How extensive?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
If your communications will be in person you can have phrases that only have a rudimentary meaning to anyone else - like if I am in the office and my wife tells me to get molly and come to the front room - it means to grab the shotgun we have two intruders and they are a threat. If she says to get molly and bring her with me there is only one intruder.

If you are communicating electronically then you need a different (and more complex) way to codify your messages.

Reactions: SecTec21 and Ripon

·
Registered
177 Posts
Military tactical movement signs are always effective and can be learned super super easy... Now again if you are talking about a non visual thing and or you are looking for a verbal code then yes you need to think of what will be quick and easy to remember... Again though for the silent visual aspect go mil spec movements they are barney level learnings.

·
Super Moderator
9,074 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
My wife and I have some similar codes for very basic needs.

The TV show Blue Bloods just presented one like ours.

If your communications will be in person you can have phrases that only have a rudimentary meaning to anyone else - like if I am in the office and my wife tells me to get molly and come to the front room - it means to grab the shotgun we have two intruders and they are a threat. If she says to get molly and bring her with me there is only one intruder.

If you are communicating electronically then you need a different (and more complex) way to codify your messages.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts