·
Super Moderator
9,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: TG

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
Hmmm... I took him more for a Lost In Space guy??
Proud nerd here, although the term is silly
I wasn't a nerd, but I was a devout fan of Lost in Space as a young boy, and subsequently a Star Trek Fan, even though I never followed up with the new star fleet after Captain Kirk. So tell me, should I? I never did the Star Wars thing either.

I was however, a huge Happy Days fan, my nickname in HS was indeed the "Fonz".

Reactions: Denton

·
Super Moderator
9,219 Posts
A redneck nerd......... I'll take it :tango_face_grin: I was actually called a nerd a number of years ago. I'll wear that handle with pride.

I was there for the original Star Trek series, all subsequent series including the Next Generation and Deep Space 9 and all the movies.

Serious sci fi fan.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I was a devout fan of Lost in Space as a young boy, and subsequently a Star Trek Fan, even though I never followed up with the new star fleet after Captain Kirk. So tell me, should I? I never did the Star Wars thing either.
I grew up reading a lot of classic Russian, American and Brittish SciFi literature, a lot of it written in 1920's-60's, so it's natural that I would gravitate to a lot of different scifi books, shows, films..etc
Watching Star Trek The Next Generation really helped with learning English because the characters speak without slang, it's proper English.
I love all Star Trek but lately I haven't really been happy with the latest films (except for 2009 Star Trek) because it's been mostly about non-stop action without a strong story.

If I were you, I'd try watching Star Trek The Next Generation episodes from the very beginning and see where it takes you.

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
Instagram uses hashtags too. :tango_face_wink:
Instagram?,... I have a fakebook account, twatter keeps sending me email but don't know why never signed up... and now it's Incestgram? I'm not sure why, I have an email address, actually an entire page of email addresses, if I know you, you have my email address.

If you don't have my email address, it doesn't mean I hate you, just that I never read my email.

Rancher

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,562 Posts
I like Instagram because I have a lot of friends that are into photography. I enjoy seeing the pictures they capture. (It's a mobile app.)

I also enjoy following hikers, etc.

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
I like Instagram because I have a lot of friends that are into photography. I enjoy seeing the pictures they capture. (It's a mobile app.)

I also enjoy following hikers, etc.
What's the world coming to, huh? Just this week I learned that there are socializing preppers ..... and now artsie fartsie preppers?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
What's the world coming too, huh? Just this week I learned that there are socializing preppers ..... and now artsie fartsie preppers?
I had no idea the word "prepper" even existed, I come from a whole culture of prepared people who don't have a word for prepping :)

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
I had no idea the word "prepper" even existed, I come from a whole culture of prepared people who don't have a word for prepping :)
So ..... how do you say artsie farstsie in Russian?

Most of us here despise the name prepper .... that's what we are called by the non prepared.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts