Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Denton and Sasquatch Podcast #10

6K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  admin 
#1 ·
#5 · (Edited)
Denton asked why do we have to pay the ATF $200 to own a suppressor. It is to discourage you from buying them. Also, this so called ATF tax stamp is unconstitutional. It is no different than the poll tax of the early19 the century that prevented everyone from voting. Poll tax was outlawed by the passing of the 24th amendment.

Congress should enact an amendment preventing the government from taxing it's citizens right to own a suppressor. Furthermore, this 90 days to 9 months wait for the Form 1 or Form 4 to be approved is nothing but a delay tactic of the ATF. An infringement of our rights. There is no reason why we should wait that long.

#9 · (Edited)
@Denton..... WTH? That's it? ..... You call that a gun review? ...... Naw that is a gun mention. I wanna SEE you drool, fondle, stroke, stutter and stammer over the darn evil rifle. Talk through the characteristics, cover the non floating barrel, demo its smooth rumble, taunt the wanna be's ...... ya get it? A real gun review that would make Hickok or Jeff Quinn smile with envy.

Now take a breather, quit babbling, get your leather hat back on your head, then turn on the video camera and get back out in the rain.

#26 ·
It is usually the result of how you take the picture on your phone and any special phone settings that you might have.

I would create a practice thread to test what causes it in your situation and keep trying different settings.

Some folks found it happened when they turned their phone the wrong way for landscape mode.

Some people have solved the issue by editing and saving the image before uploading it.

#33 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the SR 762 @Denton. It's on the list and I am ready to pull the trigger. Just need to figure a lie to tell my wife when it shows up in the safe. I found it? It's a gift from Obama? Hillary? Well, I will keep working on it. Good podcast guys.

#38 · (Edited)
I've also delt with some difficult rails to mount on but on my Rugar American short barrel 300 blackout the Pulsar N750 fit right on. I went with the Omega suppressor last year and while the Omega suppressor is top notch quality I sometimes consider getting one of those oil can suppressors because you can simply screw on a new oil can and you've got a factory fresh set of baffles. But the current 6 month waiting period for the suppressor stamp has me holding off. Back when I applied for my stamp it came in less than 5 weeks.

By chance I took that rifle to the range (shooting at 80 yards) today to check the sights on a bench. Shooting subsonic (1060 fps) with 220 gn bullets the Rugar was printing 1.15" groups. Then with the suppressor still on I switched to full power 115 gn bullets and managed a .77 group. All hand loads.... Not bad for daytime shooting with a digital night vision sight. I love the fact that while digital scopes don't have a very sharp daytime image they can be shot during the day without a lens cap. There was a guy there who managed several sub .8" groups with his CZ 22lr at the same 80 yard distance which is damn good for a 22lr shooting CCs. He said his best with that CZ 22lr was .55" at the same 80 yd distance.

It was interesting to see that the full powered loads shot 8" higher than the subsonic loads at 80 yds. Shooting subsonic has a LOT of bullet drop. I was expecting a less than 4" height difference at that distance.

That Rugar American is a tight shooting rifle with a good trigger.

Went out with it tonight and tried to call some coyotes in but no luck. They would answer but not come to visit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.