9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,476 Posts
:vs_wave: beep, beep, beep, beep where is the tsk, tsk emoticon
I love vidalia onions!

I didn't know you guys spoke Greek. :glasses:

SLIPPY!! you got lots of beeps. Good advice.

Denton, tsk tsk.

Nice to hear you Targetshooter.

·
Super Moderator
3,476 Posts
I wanted to also let everyone know how well the podomatic app works. Since I downloaded it on Sasquatch's recommendation I have not had any technical difficulties.

Reactions: Sasquatch

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Denton asked why do we have to pay the ATF $200 to own a suppressor. It is to discourage you from buying them. Also, this so called ATF tax stamp is unconstitutional. It is no different than the poll tax of the early19 the century that prevented everyone from voting. Poll tax was outlawed by the passing of the 24th amendment.

Congress should enact an amendment preventing the government from taxing it's citizens right to own a suppressor. Furthermore, this 90 days to 9 months wait for the Form 1 or Form 4 to be approved is nothing but a delay tactic of the ATF. An infringement of our rights. There is no reason why we should wait that long.

·
Registered
24,393 Posts
:vs_wave: beep, beep, beep, beep where is the tsk, tsk emoticon
I love vidalia onions!

I didn't know you guys spoke Greek. :glasses:

SLIPPY!! you got lots of beeps. Good advice.

Denton, tsk tsk.

Nice to hear you Targetshooter.
I love you!

·
Registered
24,393 Posts
Denton asked why do we have to pay the ATF $200 to own a suppressor. It is to discourage you from buying them. Also, this so called ATF tax stamp is unconstitutional. It is no different than the poll tax of the early19 the century that prevented everyone from voting. Poll tax was outlawed by the passing of the 24th amendment.

Congress should enact an amendment preventing the government from taxing it's citizens right to own a suppressor. Furthermore, this 90 days to 9 months wait for the Form 1 or Form 4 to be approved is nothing but a delay tactic of the ATF. An infringement of our rights. There is no reason why we should wait that long.
No crap; I get that!
The problem is they should tax those who do Not run suppressors instead of those who do!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
No crap; I get that!
The problem is they should tax those who do Not run suppressors instead of those who do!
Aha.... Kinda like a "noise tax". Well, what's gonna happen is manufacturers will be producing guns already suppressed to get around that.

I believe what should happen is that people should be issued a card or permit to purchase NFA items. The permit is valid for 5 years and requires the usual NFA background check when you get the card. Once you have the card and you buy an NFA weapon, you just have to go through NICS before taking possession of the weapon. This way it cuts the ATF workload of processing those stupid form 4s. Still an infringement on our rights, but not as bad as what's going on now.

·
Registered
11,958 Posts
@Denton..... WTH? That's it? ..... You call that a gun review? ...... Naw that is a gun mention. I wanna SEE you drool, fondle, stroke, stutter and stammer over the darn evil rifle. Talk through the characteristics, cover the non floating barrel, demo its smooth rumble, taunt the wanna be's ...... ya get it? A real gun review that would make Hickok or Jeff Quinn smile with envy.

Now take a breather, quit babbling, get your leather hat back on your head, then turn on the video camera and get back out in the rain.

·
Super Moderator
3,476 Posts
@Denton..... WTH? That's it? ..... You call that a gun review? ...... Naw that is a gun mention. I wanna SEE you drool, fondle, stroke, stutter and stammer over the darn evil rifle. Talk through the characteristics, cover the non floating barrel, demo its smooth rumble, taunt the wanna be's ...... ya get it? A real gun review that would make Hickok or Jeff Quinn smile with envy.

Now take a breather, quit babbling, get your leather hat back on your head, then turn on the video camera and get back out in the rain.
So you are saying you want them to speak more Greek? LOL

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
The podcast was great , I liked being on the show , I hope next time I can express some of my views , but I really like what Denton had to say and I wouldn't have changed it a bit .

1 - 20 of 41 Posts