Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Defending Preppers tonight on Facebook

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  midtnfamilyguy 
#1 ·
Soo much crap about 12/21/12 on FB. I personally do not believe the world will end tomorrow. If it were to end, I think we would be a lot worse off right now.

One kid said - "If the world doesn't end tomorrow, will they still have the show 'Doomsday Preppers'?"

Of course I rolled my eyes at this... I said - "Most of those people on that show give preppers a bad rep. There are TONS of reasons why people prep. If you want to talk to/see what real preppers do, go to prepperforums.net"

He then said - "If something does happen, I'll just go with the flow."

I said - "Good luck lasting long."

He didn't say anything except "Lol" after that. *sigh*!

Anyone else getting a lot of crap about tomorrow for being a prepper??

#4 ·
Agreed. I don't think people realize that there are many reasons to prep..
I keep a low profile. I let no one know about our (wife & I) lifestyle.
People at work don't know where we live, the only people who have my cell phone number are my wife and two daughters.
All anybody outside the family knows is we have a small farm, so naturally we grow vegetables and keep chickens.
The 5 kids and their families know they are always welcome, everyone else is met at the gate, which stays padlocked shut whether we our home or not. Other than family, the only ones allowed in are the hay man, the vet, and the farrier (horse hoof guy).
That's a pretty good idea. No one on there knows I prep except one other prepper that I'm friends with (and my family).

Reactions: rice paddy daddy
#3 ·
I keep a low profile. I let no one know about our (wife & I) lifestyle.
People at work don't know where we live, the only people who have my cell phone number are my wife and two daughters.
All anybody outside the family knows is we have a small farm, so naturally we grow vegetables and keep chickens.
The 5 kids and their families know they are always welcome, everyone else is met at the gate, which stays padlocked shut whether we our home or not. Other than family, the only ones allowed in are the hay man, the vet, and the farrier (horse hoof guy).

Reactions: RaigenB
#5 ·
I shut down my facebook. Several million accounts were hacked that included gaining access to peoples personal information. That was the end of FB for me. Im sure my farm crops have wilted and Ive missed those bonus goodies for the Xmas quests. But if hacking is getting that powerful a little prudence might be wise. To add I phones are just as vulnerable if not more.

#7 ·
I live in a stable climate. The closest natural disaster I have to worry about is the Cascadia Subduction Zone and Mt St Helens going really ape wild. Other then that California would have to fall into the sea ot the Yellowstone Cauldron thing for me to get much of a natural disaster . My reason for prepping is because I think it offers a better lifestyle then I was living before where I get the chance to look at my environment as an asset and learn to be more self reliance and growing my own food etc.

Certainly man made is gonna have to be the biggest risk were facing atm until Feb 13,2013 and then next lower then doomsday event is scheduled.

But I am content learning new skills and improving my carbon footprint on Mother Earth while passing along to my son skills that well may be even more valuable during his lifetime.

#9 ·
I don't do facebook and I certainly wouldn't let anybody know I owned guns or "prepped" even if I did! I prefer to keep a rather low profile. I've been a member of the NRA for many, many years, but I do NOT have any of their decals on my truck or wife's car. Nor do I wear any gun T-shirts or have any pro-2ndA or gun bumper stickers on my truck. I do on occasion wear a camo Remington cap, but that is about it, and that is quite common around where I live. My family and a couple of neighbors, who also own guns, and a few friends - who own guns and shoot -are about the only people that even know I own any guns. Even fewer people know I have any supplies set back. I believe in being the "grey man" - inconspicuous, don't draw attention to ones self, keep low key.;) Why make yourself a "target" for those who might want to steal your stuff??? Keep the tactical advantage of surprise on your side!

#10 ·
Me and my wife started several years ago when gas prices hit $4 something a gallon. I realized then the economy was getting worse and the possibility that it getting better was slim in the near future. Only a few close friends that we trust know about this, besides close family members. As for 12-21-12, I have no worries about the world ending because of my belief in Christ. He said no man will know the time or place of my return, that includes the mayans. To the rest of my fellow preppers, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year"!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.