Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a deep freezer, what do think is the best way to utilize it?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Plug it in and fill it with food.... :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea why didn't I think of that? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ok... I just made myself chuckle by reading your response. Well... bulk buying is a great way to save money that can go towards other key equipment. But... if you were thinking of using it for long term meat storage.... you need to ensure that you have a way to power it if the power goes out or you will lose anything in it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol well I'm liking these portable solar panels. But going to need a bigger system for the freezer.

·
Registered
640 Posts
True... or a wind generation system... but those are usually visible to the starving public. And... solar only works efficiently with sun. So... if you have long winter weeks of overcast weather... your solar won't help you and your batteries will die out. You may want to consider a sizeable battery storage system big enough that it will run your freezer for 4-6 hours each day for about a week to ensure you keep things frozen. If you grab what you need... and then run the 4-6 hour cycle... you should keep things frozen.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nvm just found out the compressor has gone out, it don't get cold enough. fml

·
Registered
640 Posts
Or... use it to store your bug out gear... then throw some old cloths, cardboard, etc on top to make it look like a storage chest of junk so anyone will ignore it after an initial glance.

Or.... you could replace the compressor. :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Use it to hide a body.... :)

And then bury it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great ideas now I don't know what to with all the great idea :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts