Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Fr. Isaac's story that he told at a mission...

He had a friend who was coming out of church. Beautiful day. The friend, his friend's wife and his mother-in-law were all about to walk across the street. Their car was parked on the other side. They looked both ways, and there were no cars coming so they began to cross. The lady in the car parked in front of them thought she had her car in drive, but it was in reverse. When she hit them, the wife and was killed instantly, the m-i-l went into a coma. She died a little later. But the man was dragged down the street about half a block and killed.

The Gospel that day was 'you don't know the day or the hour...'

And this man was obsessed with the end times. Fr Isaac said he loved this man, he was his friend. "But he was crazy." The man was rich, had a lot of money, built a brand new house. He put a bunker in his house. The man had Father over to his house one time and he told Father, 'Go on, see if you can find my bunker.' Fr. Isaac couldn't find his bunker. Then the man pressed some button and all of the sudden this wall came out, with big steel door. He had ten beds in there, water, guns, pills for radioactivity. Everything!

Then the man said Father could come stay with them when the time comes. Fr. Isaac said, "Are you crazy? I'd rather die a thousand times than to be stuck in here with you!"

But Father said the really sad part was that at the funeral, the wife's daughter couldn't be consoled because she hadn't spoken to her mother in three years. All because of some stupid argument. And now she never WILL be able to speak to her, at least not in this life. She couldn't forgive herself.

"When God calls us, we go. There's no puttin' it off."

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,855 Posts
"This world is not my home,
I'm just'a passin' through..."

Prioritize what matters. We're to help all we can while we're here, but staying here isn't the goal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This story very much reminds me of Jesus parable in Luke 12:16-21

And he told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man produced plentifully, and he thought to himself, ‘What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?’ And he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.”’ But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”

The phrase at the end really hits it home "and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?". I know not every one here has trusted or believes in Christ, but for those who have, I think this is an important passage to remember in respects to prepping. Its good to be responsible for the sake or our family and our neighbors. The real "Prepping" though, is the eternal type. Don't get so caught up in preparing for disaster that we forget what really matters. This life is short, no matter how you die. Our profession of faith, and love for God and others around us is the real preparation.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Time to hit the road on the bike again. Been a day. Never know when it will be the last. Live today and stop worrying about tomorrow. Might not come, there's no guarantee. Once you accept this simple fact life becomes a lot easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts