Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a place to list deadbeat buyers...people who commit to buy then disappear with no communincation? A member on this board agreed to buy some ammo. I boxed it up, took it to UPS for shipping costs, then emailed him with the required documents for the sale. I requested a confirmation call or email so I would know he got it. Nothing. Waited a week and called and left message...nothing. Sucks!
Thanks, JR

·
Registered
311 Posts
well sir that me i have been out of town for the last two weeks due to the death of my grandmother. so i am sorry thati didnt think about your ammo so please feel free to sell it elsewhere. as far as a deadbeat you nothing about me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is there a place to list deadbeat buyers...people who commit to buy then disappear with no communincation? A member on this board agreed to buy some ammo. I boxed it up, took it to UPS for shipping costs, then emailed him with the required documents for the sale. I requested a confirmation call or email so I would know he got it. Nothing. Waited a week and called and left message...nothing. Sucks!
Thanks, JR
Have sold on the web since late 90s. It amazed me how many times a person buys online and then has a tragic accident. I have had at least five customers who were unable to complete a transaction due to being in a coma. You think those type things are rare untill you sell online. Really? Just e-mail me and tell me you dont want it, no big deal.

·
Registered
311 Posts
sir i care less if you believe me or not and your thoughts this means nada to me this transaction was for a lousy 100.00dollars i would have honored the deal but to be called out of my name and labeled something i am not.. well call it what you want. but in the end i have been truthful... besides i dont owe you any explaination at all..
to the op i am very sorry that i didnt get in touch.. all on me

·
Registered
59 Posts
Relax, Just having fun. Been waiting years to use that. As said no big deal- all part of selling- not really a problem these days. Please forgive me if I have offended you high standards of internet Practices and commerce.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No problem, I am the one acting up. Did not mean to be insensitive. Better prepping ahead, Onward and upward. Peace :)

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
Have sold on the web since late 90s. It amazed me how many times a person buys online and then has a tragic accident. I have had at least five customers who were unable to complete a transaction due to being in a coma. You think those type things are rare untill you sell online. Really? Just e-mail me and tell me you dont want it, no big deal.
It's happened to me twice this week from 2 different people, and this is the 3rd day(sic) of the week only

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
BUSTED! Buyer states he was out of town due to his grandmothers passing. He agreed to the purchase by phone on 1/6. On 1/7 I send an email confirming the purchase and requestrd he respond back to confirm shipping address. No response. I wait almost a week then call and leave a message. No response. Then I post about dead beat buyers. Checking his activity on this site, he posted a dozen times between 1/8 and 1/13. Check for yourself. He can't/won't return an email or a phone call, but he has plenty time to post. Draw your own conclusion.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Closing thread. Johnnyringo, sorry for your touble and Kyletx1911a1, I'm sorry for your loss of a loved one. I've been down both roads many many times.

Doesn't matter, points were made, life is short, more things in life to worry about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.