Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Improving my fitness level is a challenge for me too. I can remember (reminisce is a better word) lifting weights when I was in my 20's at least 5 times per week. I got to the point where I could bench twice my weight (1 rep). Granted, I weighed 120 lbs in my 20's (I'm short), but it still felt great to log every week bench totals that were above my weight.

In my late 20's I got a job as a computer programmer. The jobs I've had since have required me to come in early, stay late, work weekends, work overnights, etc. Getting into a routine became harder and harder. Once I got married and my wife and I had a daughter, finding time for fitness became pretty much impossible.

I just started lifting again 2 weeks ago. Sore as hell, but I know in another 2-3 weeks I should get over that plateau and be able to start real fitness again.

The most important thing is to get into a routine and stick with it.

· Registered
36 Posts
Completed 10 workouts over the past two weeks. Treadmill, free weights, and elliptical. Hoping to incorporate some heavy bag as well in the next week or two.

Still sore as hell, but my recovery time is getting better. Haven't lost an ounce, which really stinks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.