Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
693 Posts
Last night I did a "mountain peak" climb program on the elliptical machine, then did the bench press machine, leg press machine, row machine and some suspended knees to my chest and push ups. It's my regular routine I do at least 2 times a week.

A good thing to strive for if you are doing weights is 3 sets of 15 reps. This means you want to do 15 bench presses, but do this 3 times, so in total doing 45 repititions of it. Ya know, if you are a beginner at weights. ALWAYS STRETCH FIRST!

· Registered
693 Posts
If anybody wants a cool Pedometer and has and extra 100 bucks laying around, Look at the "fitbit" I have about 60bucks in a gift card to best buy I'm thinking of buying this or one of those Solar panel battery chargers for small electronics. But the fitbit would be nice to show how many steps you take each day. Now most of my friends tell me I don't need crap like that (because i'm 5'9" and 150lbs) but it could never hurt to challenge myself to walk a few extra thousand steps a day!
Check it out if you want a pedometer!

· Registered
693 Posts
Yeah the Fitbit is supposed to be the crem de la crem of the pedometer, tracks sleep too! I don't know how but it's been getting rave reviews!

· Registered
693 Posts
Its funny when I see people driving around the parking lot trying to find the best spot. Just find the first spot and park, walk the extra 25 steps, most people can use the extra steps! I applaud you sir!

· Registered
693 Posts
I think people put too much emphasis on losing weight, you might not lose any weight for awhile but what will happen is your body will become more solid and you are building endurance, the pounds will eventually come but you will notice little muscles you couldn't see before and just keep at it!

I think everybody who can, should try and take a year or two of any martial art they can. I'm working on getting involved in one once my life stabilizes. Everybody should be able to defend themselves with and without a firearm/knife. Plus I've heard they are great personality builders and very good on health.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.