Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sec. 53-341b. Sale or delivery of body armor restricted. (a) No person, firm or corporation shall sell or deliver body armor to another person unless the transferee meets in person with the transferor to accomplish the sale or delivery.

(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to the sale or delivery of body armor to (1) a sworn member or authorized official of an organized local police department, the Division of State Police within the Department of Public Safety, the Division of Criminal Justice, the Department of Correction or the Board of Pardons and Paroles, (2) an authorized official of a municipality or the Department of Administrative Services that purchases body armor on behalf of an organized local police department, the Division of State Police within the Department of Public Safety, the Division of Criminal Justice, the Department of Correction or the Board of Pardons and Paroles, (3) an authorized official of the Judicial Branch who purchases body armor on behalf of a probation officer, or (4) a member of the National Guard or the armed forces reserve.

(c) As used in this section, "body armor" means any material designed to be worn on the body and to provide bullet penetration resistance.

(d) Any person, firm or corporation that violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor.

Sec. 53a-217d. Criminal possession of body armor: Class A misdemeanor. (a) A person is guilty of criminal possession of body armor when he possesses body armor and has been (1) convicted of a capital felony, a class A felony, except a conviction under section 53a-196a, a class B felony, except a conviction under section 53a-86, 53a-122 or 53a-196b, a class C felony, except a conviction under section 53a-87, 53a-152 or 53a-153 or a class D felony under sections 53a-60 to 53a-60c, inclusive, 53a-72a, 53a-72b, 53a-95, 53a-103, 53a-103a, 53a-114, 53a-136 or 53a-216, or (2) convicted as delinquent for the commission of a serious juvenile offense, as defined in section 46b-120.

(b) For the purposes of this section, "body armor" means any material designed to be worn on the body and to provide bullet penetration resistance and "convicted" means having a judgment of conviction entered by a court of competent jurisdiction.

(c) Criminal possession of body armor is a class A misdemeanor.

That is some BS, I'm open for business to all non-felon United States citizens!:cool:

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I am sure that their reasoning is that a criminal might get body armor and then if they commit a crime and they are shot by a leo it won't have the desired affect on them, therefore NOBODY except the leos should be able to have body armor. This is the same reasoning that gun control nuts use to advocate confiscation of all firearms from private citizens. Because a criminal might get their hands on a gun and commit an illegal act, no private citizen should be able to own a gun to defend themselves, and with this law, they should not be able to buy something that might protect them if they shot by a criminal. Wanna bet that if a politician wanted to wear body armor, they wouldn't have any problem getting some?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
If I understood that correctly any person can buy body armor, provided they are not felon and as long as the sale is face to face. I'm not sure if this is a slap at people who want to buy body armor or people who want to buy on line. Probably both:)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Say what? That's just silly. And I got to ask doesn't it seem like anything that might be used to protect
yourself is getting harder and harder to get?

Sounds like someone is going to have lamb chops for dinner

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have DKX armor, it's lightweight. Really great armor, perfect for off setting a plate carrier that may drag to the front from the weight of ammo. That's if weight isn't an issue, if it is then 2 plates will lighten up your overall load.

It's good to be as mobile as possible, and conserve energy as much as possible while being mobile.

www.bhtacticaloutdoors.com

Sent from my iPhone using Outdoor Forums

1 - 9 of 9 Posts