Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wondering what the general view is of the members on the forum.
If we look back to see how the world has changed. What will the world look like 100 years from now ? Not that I will be around !

·
Registered
150 Posts
It is difficult to predict, especially for a long time.
All predictions that I read or even good science fiction books were mistaken.
Sometimes they opened the essence of future events very believable, but they were mistaken about the prediction time.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,482 Posts
Most predictions point to a serene world with cleaner air, cleaner water, and a flourishing of flora and fauna all around.

Human life being long since expunged, of course.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If the US stays on its current path I believe we will hit another dark age. Suppressing freedoms also suppresses ingenuity and creativity. Masters of war will play with their new toys wiping out billions, we will never land on Mars and the moon will be a short fad. Destroyed satellites and space junk will make it impossible to launch anything ever. A great world economic depression will hit, a world with only 2 classes the haves and the have nots. It will be 1000 years until another republic is born to pull us out of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. Looking 50 years back, 1970's things seemed to be better (looking in both directions), or is that because I was young ! What development changed that ?

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
IMO, civilization needs a reset. Not their kind though.
I would prefer it to be a natural over a man-made disaster.
I'm of the opinion that could come at any time.
If Yellowstone let loose, most of the planet would be affected.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you turned on the news lately, lol. Seriously though it is a mess but there where preppers going all the back to Brigham Young days. Nuclear war scares have been around since the 50s. Maybe we are to informed right now and it creates a hypertension. I hope my children and grandchildren grow up in peace and happiness as to what they can make it. As a father I hope for the best and prepare for the worst

·
Super Moderator
9,482 Posts
Interesting. Looking 50 years back, 1970's things seemed to be better (looking in both directions), or is that because I was young ! What development changed that ?
We have become exceedingly good at killing each other.
The 20th century saw more humans killed by other humans than all previous centuries put together.
It's only a matter of time.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,564 Posts
2/3's of the world population will have died. Then they'll be an era of rebuilding and peace. Then the apocalypse.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Our reliance on nuclear power finally contaminants the planet and man is gone. I'm not talking about weapons it will be the waste from power plants, nuclear energy and accidents. The on going disaster at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant for example.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have become exceedingly good at killing each other.
The 20th century saw more humans killed by other humans than all previous centuries put together.
It's only a matter of time.
What can this be attributed too, is it intolerance or fanaticism ?

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
IMO, advanced technology with a substantial growth in population.

Reactions: Kauboy

·
Super Moderator
9,482 Posts
@Robie is quite right concerning the advancement of technology.

I attribute the intent behind the killings to base tribalism. We can doctor it up however we wish, claiming that a new "great society" or "utopia" can be achieved, if only the right leaders were given the right amount of power and control.
But it always boils down to the collective posturing of "us" vs. "them". Those in power, and those that support those in power, will see to it that the rest are dealt with via expulsion or "cleansing".
Over the course of the 20th century, expulsion was seen as a loss of free labor. Mass numbers of people were moved away from the "civilized" folk, and put to work until they could work no more. "They" were already labelled as a plague, so it was nothing to exterminate any who resisted, and give no deference to the corpses of the slaughtered.
The pattern repeated more than a dozen times.

Our salvation will only be found in honestly assessing and identifying the patterns and ensuring, without fail, that they are not allowed to repeat again.
Thus far, we are failing... and at an alarming rate.

Reactions: Robie
1 - 14 of 14 Posts