Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I live in Kentucky where coyotes can be hunted year round. Last night we were talking about if coyote is fit to eat. Does anyone have any thoughts? (Other than I'm crazy, it's a dog, yada yada yada...) I know it sounds kinda gross but in a survival situation if you were starving, would it harm you to eat one? And people that hunt coyotes...what do they do with the body after it's been skinned for the pelt? That's the one animal I've never hunted before so I don't know much about them, other than there are PLENTY behind our house and annoying/pest. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I would never have a issue BBQing one up, We can hunt them year round where I live also but those things just seem to almost never show there faces when I am around. Enough Tabasco sause and everything tastes the same.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I've eaten dog in Korea can't see where coyote would be much different. Before SHTF you probably want to Google for disease indicators. Once you have your candidate look for active infections etc. Bon Appetite

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
One word BBQ

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I went to a wild game dinner and ate skunk opossum wood chuck muskratt. I did not eat dog. Trust me if I was hungry I would eat coyotes and Kim kardashian. The coyotes first.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Some of us have spent time in others countries ,many of them not on the tourist list.
We have eaten Dog,horse, camel ,snake and just about every rodent known to man kind.
Not going out of my way to get it but if hungry it will be eaten.

Reactions: BigCheeseStick

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Some of us have spent time in others countries ,many of them not on the tourist list.
We have eaten Dog,horse, camel ,snake and just about every rodent known to man kind.
Not going out of my way to get it but if hungry it will be eaten.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
there is a possibility of contracting Hydatid disease from canines (coyotes). Incurable cysts in the major organs of the body isn't on my bucket list. That said I would eat a coyote if it came to that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thought you could only get that by hand to mouth contact with feces? Not planning to trying and coyote sh!t BBQ sandwiches. Lol

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Dog meat is great for burritos or most any Mexican dishes. The spices tend to complement the meat.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Steve Renella, from MeatEater, and one of my heroes, just did a special where he ate coyote. I would, just like I would also eat a lot of ther stuff, if I had to. Meat is meat, as they say.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts