Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a retired U.S. Army Staff Sargent and I am currently living in Cowlitz County. My wife and I are looking for another couple to get together with and share some ideas with and hopefully learn from.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome to the forums Sargent Cantrell. Please make yourself at home here.

I would think that it is difficult to find like-minded folks to team up with in today's society. There are so many weird liberal people out there and so many of them are dependent on un-earned entitlements who think that a prep group will be another free ride. You would have to have something akin to a bootcamp to weed out the dead wood.

We have had many threads here on the subject of group building. Some of us think that the group should be big and some think it should be small. But I think all of us agree that personnel selection for any group like this must be extremely discriminatory. I would think (just guessing) that only 2 people out of every 50 would qualify as a good candidate for a prepper/survival group. In times of severe duress one bad apple can bring the entire group to it's knees. As you already know from your military experience people can get crazy under pressure and our society has made our population more and more weak over the past 40 to 50 years. And we also are infested with the shopping mall Rambos who think that talking about guns, scopes, ammo, knives, etc. makes a guy a superman. These guys are a definite no-no.

Good luck and please let us know about your success.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Check out the bulletin board at a health food store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts