1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
While they are slowly being swallowed up, I live in an area with ranches and farms all around. Our annual area Ranch Hand Rodeo is a big draw. As a result the "Cowboy Church" is alive and well here.

I particularly liked this from the home page, "While many churches are deeply divided over what kind of music they will use, Cowboy Church has boldly decided to use both kinds: country and western."

Good on Ya MR.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
We don't have as many "cowboys" here in Ohio, . . . so ours is a "Community" church with the exact same dress code, . . . and an affinity for the old ballad/gospel type songs.

Several of us could be accused of looking "cowboyish" in our attire, . . . but unfortunately we live in an area where we are "all hat and no cattle". But I still love my big grey hat I bought out in Big Spring, Tx a few years back. Fellow I met up in Wisconsin (he was from Montana) called it a "Big Sky" hat.

I also used to do an annual service at a local county fairground, . . . they would have a weekend of "cow penning" competition, . . . but Sunday morning at 9 was service time, . . . it was really fun to see 30, 40, or 50 people up in the bleachers, . . . and sometimes a few behind me on horseback, . . . knowing we all came together to worship the Lord.

Thanks, Montana, for the update, . . . "keep lookin' up".

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Most churches are come as you are today. But many older members male members still feel more comfortable in suit and tie. Music also varies to the taste of the congregation. The message always speaks to the congregation from the Word of God. It surprises me that in Montana this is new. Since cowboy is the way I picture Montana.

I'm glad you found a church you like and are comfortable attending.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My kind of place. Thanks MR.

Palmetto - I don't think they meant to imply that anything was "new". Gosh, cowboy churches have been around for 100 or more years in Montana and many other states.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts