Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
I had a friend tell me that he had COVID19 and it was real bad. Difficulty breathing, high fever, body aches, needed bed rest for about a week. Still feeling very tired and its been a couple of weeks. I asked him what the docs gave him and he said he didn't go to the doctor. I asked him if he got a test somewhere other than a doc office or hospital and he never got tested.

WHAT?!?!?!

Let that sink in. He claims he had the COVID and admits that he did NOT go to a doctor nor did he ever receive a COVID test?

He is normally not an idiot but it seems that he has entered into the world of idiocracy...

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I had a friend tell me that he had COVID19 and it was real bad. Difficulty breathing, high fever, body aches, needed bed rest for about a week. Still feeling very tired and its been a couple of weeks. I asked him what the docs gave him and he said he didn't go to the doctor. I asked him if he got a test somewhere other than a doc office or hospital and he never got tested.

WHAT?!?!?!

Let that sink in. He claims he had the COVID and admits that he did NOT go to a doctor nor did he ever receive a COVID test?

He is normally not an idiot but it seems that he has entered into the world of idiocracy...
Seems like a reasonable assumption. Before this mess, if a lot of folks at work at the flu, and you came down with similar symptoms, you assumed you had the flu and treated yourself for such. I wouldn't go get tested either.

·
Banned
5,001 Posts
Seems like a reasonable assumption. Before this mess, if a lot of folks at work at the flu, and you came down with similar symptoms, you assumed you had the flu and treated yourself for such. I wouldn't go get tested either.
Testing accomplishes nothing to speed your recovery of fever and chills. The people that keep testing and retesting are freakin idiots!

·
Banned
5,001 Posts
OK I'll fess up.... The wife and I both got the KUNG F.U. within one day of each other. Its possible I drug the shit home from a co worker happened about 3 weeks ago.

My wife is the healthy one. I am not the healthy one I've smoked for over 40 years High BP, High Cholesterol old and fat bourbon /beer drinker when I feel like it.

I got the KUNG F.U. first.
Chills and one fever while sleeping woke up with a wet brush cut felt like crap for 3 days. The wife didn't do so well. She went down and stayed down for just about 2 weeks. Fevers for 12 days controlled with Advil and Tylenol she would not eat so I had to force feed her, She got weak from the fatigue caused by the Kung F.U. So luckily I was able to be functional enough to nurse maid her through it. We did NOT go get tested (Whats the point). We did not go to the hospital. We did do a over the phone with urgent care just to make sure I was doing everything I could for the wife which the Doctor verified I was doing everything correctly.

Here is the deal... this shit has a mind of its own everyone gets there own custom version of this KUNG F.U. It really wasn't any worse than nasty flu bug but it just lasted a little longer for the wife I was only dead for about 3 days.

So my advise to you is start smoking heavily. Start and don't stop drinking because its obvious to me that Kung F.U. did NOT like the tar and nicotine inside of my lungs and the bourbon in my throat and stomach! So there it is boys and girls ITS NOT the end of the world!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
OK I'll fess up.... The wife and I both got the KUNG F.U. within one day of each other. Its possible I drug the shit home from a co worker happened about 3 weeks ago.

My wife is the healthy one. I am not the healthy one I've smoked for over 40 years High BP, High Cholesterol old and fat bourbon /beer drinker when I feel like it.

I got the KUNG F.U. first.
Chills and one fever while sleeping woke up with a wet brush cut felt like crap for 3 days. The wife didn't do so well. She went down and stayed down for just about 2 weeks. Fevers for 12 days controlled with Advil and Tylenol she would not eat so I had to force feed her, She got weak from the fatigue caused by the Kung F.U. So luckily I was able to be functional enough to nurse maid her through it. We did NOT go get tested (Whats the point). We did not go to the hospital. We did do a over the phone with urgent care just to make sure I was doing everything I could for the wife which the Doctor verified I was doing everything correctly.

Here is the deal... this shit has a mind of its own everyone gets there own custom version of this KUNG F.U. It really wasn't any worse than nasty flu bug but it just lasted a little longer for the wife I was only dead for about 3 days.

So my advise to you is start smoking heavily. Start and don't stop drinking because its obvious to me that Kung F.U. did NOT like the tar and nicotine inside of my lungs and the bourbon in my throat and stomach! So there it is boys and girls ITS NOT the end of the world!
I am glad to hear you both recovered!! I am not going to take your advice on smoking, but I do intend to follow your advice on bourbon to the letter!!! :vs_wave:

·
Banned
5,001 Posts
I am glad to hear you both recovered!! I am not going to take your advice on smoking, but I do intend to follow your advice on bourbon to the letter!!! :vs_wave:
Yup we are good to go thanks Steve. The moral of the story is yes some people die.... but some people die from the flu to crossing the street.

The healthy health freak people may think they have a better shot at not getting it or not affected as much as a unhealthy person But here I am living proof its bullshit! I'm over 60 years old 50 lbs over weight cuz of mama's cooking and beer. I drink and smoke like a furnace. So basically when its your time then its your time. This time was not my time so they can shove their scare tactics up their WUHAN!

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
My brother (74) and his wife (60) both got the wuhan virus a few weeks ago. She’s a doctor and in very good shape. She believes she brought it home from a surgery she conducted on a patient that had tested negative but later positive. She was only wearing a surgical mask, which we know doesn’t work for a virus.

They were both tested. She recovered in a matter of a few days. My brother took about 10 days and he said he’s had the flu worse that the wuhan virus. His biggest complaint was fatigue.

My doctor sister in law firmly believes that the virus is man made and as such it affects individuals differently.

Btw, other than a fever reducer and vitamins (zinc/C/etc) they took nothing during the recovery

·
Banned
5,001 Posts
My brother (74) and his wife (60) both got the wuhan virus a few weeks ago. She's a doctor and in very good shape. She believes she brought it home from a surgery she conducted on a patient that had tested negative but later positive. She was only wearing a surgical mask, which we know doesn't work for a virus.

They were both tested. She recovered in a matter of a few days. My brother took about 10 days and he said he's had the flu worse that the wuhan virus. His biggest complaint was fatigue.

My doctor sister in law firmly believes that the virus is man made and as such it affects individuals differently.

Btw, other than a fever reducer and vitamins (zinc/C/etc) they took nothing during the recovery
Yup exactly the same experience we had. I was low on D according to the whitecoats number chart so I was taking 4000 IU of D anyway.

Yup fever control Vitamin C , D and Zinc that's it! Ride the storm out most of you will be just fine!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Yup exactly the same experience we had. I was low on D according to the whitecoats number chart so I was taking 4000 IU of D anyway.

Yup fever control Vitamin C , D and Zinc that's it! Ride the storm out most of you will be just fine!
What did you consume to get the Zinc? Need to pick some up. Thanks!

·
Banned
5,001 Posts
What did you consume to get the Zinc? Need to pick some up. Thanks!
Just bought a bottle of the health freak zinc stuff from Amazon (Mega food Zinc) 205% daily value 60 tablets 21.99 a bottle .

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Just bought a bottle of the health freak zinc stuff from Amazon (Mega food Zinc) 205% daily value 60 tablets 21.99 a bottle .
Thanks! We're traveling into enemy territory this Thursday; think I'll grab some on the way cause you never know.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
I think I need to get the “riding the storm out” by REO....

That was our pregame warmup song.....

Reactions: hawgrider

·
Super Moderator
6,396 Posts
Yup we are good to go thanks Steve. The moral of the story is yes some people die.... but some people die from the flu to crossing the street.

The healthy health freak people may think they have a better shot at not getting it or not affected as much as a unhealthy person But here I am living proof its bullshit! I'm over 60 years old 50 lbs over weight cuz of mama's cooking and beer. I drink and smoke like a furnace. So basically when its your time then its your time. This time was not my time so they can shove their scare tactics up their WUHAN!
Glad you're both feeling better.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts