Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about sectioning off the forum topics, and grouping them up to make it a little more streamlined...

With the banner, it says PREPPERLOG.COM and under it in green it says survialist and prepper forum, I like the banner a lot, but then there is the gray outter part and at the bottom of that it says prepper forum survival forum. I think we can get ride of the gray prepper forum survival forum part (keep the gray outline around the map part though) just seems a smidge redundant.

Then what do you think about having a Shelter/Food/Water/ Security/off grid sustainment category where we could tuck away the Gear/weapons, food procurement and such categories?

Also have a misc area to combine rants and raves, books, links (maybe not links), ufo's and such like that?

Just some ideas, once again if you don't like em, that won't hurt my feelings1

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
No, I like them a lot! This is what I want to hear. I do know that that part under the banner is redundant, but there is an issue that I'm trying to overcome with that..... let me explain.... search engines HATE forums, mainly because there is a lot of usless 3-4 word text (to, and, but, or, not, for etc). Thus they try to stay away from forums because if someone is searching for "TOmorrows news", our threads with the word "TO" comes up. If someone is searching for ANDerson Cooper, then our threads with "and" comes up. You get the idea.

What I'm getting at is search engines do like the top part of forum names and titles.... thus that "prepper forum ~ survival forum" is one of the highest parts of our searches. I'll see what I can do with it though. It bugs me also.

I'll go ahead and research that and start working on it and then address the other good points you made later.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Been thinking about the combining of these and let me see if I get this right first.

Then what do you think about having a Shelter/Food/Water/ Security/off grid sustainment category where we could tuck away the Gear/weapons, food procurement and such categories?

So what your saying is have it like this:

(Top level title on Main page)
Shelter/Food/Water/Security/Off-Grid Sustainment
(Sub Categories under above title)
---------------------------Gear
---------------------------Weapons
---------------------------Food Procurement

And then do the same thing with the following:

Also have a misc area to combine rants and raves, books, links (maybe not links), ufo's and such like that?

(Top level title on Main page)
MISC
(Sub Categories under above title)
-----------------------------Rants and Raves
-----------------------------Books
-----------------------------Ufos, Myan, Zombies, End of the World, Apocalypse

Is this how you see it layed out?

Also, what are your thoughts when people come to the forum, they see not enough categories unless they go down to sublevels? Or on the flip side, when the go to a forum and they see too many categories?

Thanks again for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts