Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been prepping for about a yr. but have dragged my feet in getting a gun permit. Just went down n got the app. but now fear that with a min. of 3 mo. Wait period I may have a problem getting it. And even if I do, will there b the ability to purchase one n have ranges to practice at. What do u guys/gals think??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that's a problem. Kids n grandkids all in Jersey. My family is everything to me sooo guess ill have to do my best here. I think I may have a small window to get this done, just got to hope all these shootings font get people to knee jerk react. Were the good guys, hello??? We should b the ones u want in ur corner, right?? God where is the common sense. But thanks for the suggestions, if things were different the south n/or mid west would b my choice.

·
Super Moderator
8,613 Posts
Sorry but that part of the country is starting to scare me.

Do what you can while you can. If you wait too much longer it could be too late.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Inceptor, I hear u. I'll do my best, just got to convince kids to move where we can b safer n with like minded people. But its gunna b tough they were born n raised here n all they kno is here. But I'm working on it. Thnks for the input. Now ur in a great state. Visited there many times. You guys, for the most part have great attitude n common sense, quite refreshing seeing were I live. LOL

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Stay on track and get your permit, regardless.

I highly understand your situation with family in the local area with reasons not moving. Some things you just cannot change after you spent your entire life in one location.

Let us know how it goes in your area trying to get a permit. You'll do good, keep your heat up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
A friend of mine just took his CCW class today, and is planning on submitting for it later on this week. I wonder if there will be any difference in wait time or hassle between NJ and CO

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Survival definitely will, going for both permits. Will let u kno how Jersey is with lag time n any restrictions coming down the pike.. Thnks for the encouragement , much appreciated. And to all stay safe, we need u guys especially now...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've heard NJ is a nightmare to get a permit. But that should not stop you. Make the application and just jump through all the hoops. Make sure to dot all your i's and cross your t's. What's the worst that can happen? Better odds than not trying at all. Go for it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
A friend of mine just took his CCW class today, and is planning on submitting for it later on this week. I wonder if there will be any difference in wait time or hassle between NJ and CO
I would think so since "Usually" it only takes 45 minutes to clear the check here in Colorado! That was up untill a couple weeks ago. I have never seen a CO backround take so long 2 weeks ago it was over 100 hours :( . . . I think in NJ its months on end even when there isnt stuff going on like recently!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
the sooner you start the process, the sooner the wait will be over.
good luck and please keep us posted with the progress!

·
Registered
296 Posts
If I were you I would look into buying from Private person like off of Armslist.com or one of the other sites before you have to get backround checks there as well! I am not completely familiar with other states laws, but here in Colorado we have some of the best laws (As of right now) in the nation! I bought 5 guns last year with no check at all just showed my CCW and/or License signed a bill of sale and went on my way. Even bought 1 pisol with just showing my I.D.!

So if your allowed there I would try and find a private seller and pay cash and dash before this new "Universal Backround check" Goes into affect! No backround check, cash deal, usually you can add trade for all sorts of stuff & buying used from a Private sale you can get a better cash deal plus a lot of times people have extras like extra mags holster ammo etc etc

Best of luck to you im sure we are all going to need it soon, I have been rebuilding mine because I sold all of mine a coupe months ago to finish prepping for my new born baby girl

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I may sound like Yogi Berra, but its never too late, until it is.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
You should have done it long ago. But that is no excuse for not getting on it now.
Think about this. If SHTF I come across a person with a gun I will respect that person to some degree, Not for the gun but because they are likely to be someone that was not part of the problem. The person with out the gun is likely to be the problem.
Molon labe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts