Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to prepping I'm trying to build my first BOB and my EDC /GHB and I'm unsure of the difference of the two in both theory of the bagss and content / item lists

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I think there is a lot of different opinions of what should be in a BOB and GHB. To me a BOB is just my Backpacking equipment plus a gun and ammo.
In fact you will probably get a lot of good responses here but I suggest that you also look into some of the Backpacking site and see what they use in your area and state. You have to be careful and one reason I mentioned checking out the hiking and backpacking sites is you are getting information from people that are actually using the equipment and carrying it on a regular basis. I have seen some BOB bags that some people have listed that must weigh 100 LBS.
Now the GHB I think depends on how far you are traveling and me personally I don't think it is even necessary in most cases if you are no further then 10 miles from home then maybe just a pistol and a bottle of water.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i work 30 miles from my house so I feel a GHB would be beneficial for me but i see a lot of people carry GHB/EDC bags with almost the same gear as there BOB and to me im a little confused why they dont just have one of them if there usually so simular

1 - 3 of 3 Posts