Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's all I get back is just form letters. I ask them what is your stance on gun control and I get a letter back saying thank you for contacting our office, we are always concerned to know what our constituents are thinking about. RIGHT. I have never once got a real responce back from one of them. What is it? 535 people that run this country. Do they represent your thoughts. We elected them so they must. What a joke. We the voters have no control over what happens in the congress and the senate. What are we to do ? Changes need to be made. What are your thoughts on what we as individuals can do?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kept getting calls on my cell phone that as a Duke enegy customer I could save money on my electric bill and I kept thinking I don't have Duke energy and that just cost me a dollar ten for that. After about 4 times I listened to the message and I was able to opt out by pressing 9 . BS again. Now I hear they are going to start publishing our cell phone numbers just like the old phone books. The way I feel is if I didn't give you my cell number then you shouldn't ever call me. I put 25 dollars on my cell phone once about every three months and it ticks me off when I recieve a wrong number. That probably just cost me a dollar ten but I'm always nice and say "sorry you must have the wrong number".

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have 1/3 of an acre and I use as much of it for growing food as possible. I actually wrote letters to all 50 governors and the white house and received 4 real letters back and 11 generated letters. I proposed every county in the country should designate at least 1 acre of land for people to rent and grow their own fruits and vegetables. I know a lot of areas have programs like this, but where I lived it is far and few between. It would generate legitimate income for the government and provide a way to people to grow their own food. I even went to a local town hall meeting and pitched the idea for an upcoming park they were building in a lower income area. They voted me down in favor of a basketball court. Now, the basketball court is a huge spot for crime/drugs, etc. Oh well. I did get a real letter back from Michelle Obama, but nothing ever came out out of the whole thing.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good for you. At least some of us are trying. I hope THEY are listening to the discontent that is going on in this country. I know big brother is listening to chatter from all over the world. Maybe they will hear us here.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
and i get this today... i included my physical address and phone # in my letter and email.
couldnt even spend the 5 bucks to format and insert my name....and so what is it 30th district or 27th district- cant be fuggin both.

Thank you for contacting me by e-mail. Letters and e-mail from Southern California are one of the best sources I have for new ideas and help me best understand what people in our area think about the important issues facing Congress.

If you did not already, please resend your message with your full address where you are registered to vote. This will help me better understand the wishes of my constituents, and it will enable me to respond to your concerns.

I also invite you to visit my web page at Congressman Brad Sherman, Representing the 30th District of California. This web page is also a good source of information to find out about what is going on in Congress and the 27th District, as well as information about
visiting Washington, D.C.

Thank you,

Brad Sherman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts