Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been following the news that the fed will make an announcement on or before December 18th of this year working on banning cash and the US becoming a cashless society? (Long sentence, I know)
I realize this subject has been talked about for years, but we now have the computing power to do it, even if it is most likely unconstitutional.
It is a fact that some businesses and local governments will not accept cash for goods or services.
I've also read that this has more or less happened in Europe. Can't say for sure, since I've never been to that side of the world.
Anyone have anything concrete on this, either way?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have heard that we are headed that direction-soon- but no concrete date that i can find.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Can't speak for all of Europe but I just used euros and pounds in Ireland and Belfast Northern Ireland with ease, and whenever I visited an ATM the machines gave me euros or pounds from my accounts.

Such a policy would not likely come from the Fed and I seriously doubt the 80 or so members of the house aligned with the tea party would enable that legislation. Maybe the fed suggests it? But I don't think the fed will make it so. What probably happens is a major announcement that QE will continue unabated until. Nov.2014 so it can stop after the liberal scum are saved in the midterms.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I agree with Ripon. The Dems have so much tender skin on the table right now, and know the popular polls are turning against them to try this in my opinion.

Of course, if some group of morons has decided now is the time to make the power grab, all bets are off the table.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course, if some group of morons has decided now is the time to make the power grab, all bets are off the table.
But doesn't that describe the fed exactly?

All I know for sure is we can't keep printing money forever. It will be a financial SHTF.
We are already on the edge of not being the world's reserve currency anymore.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
But doesn't that describe the fed exactly?

All I know for sure is we can't keep printing money forever. It will be a financial SHTF.
We are already on the edge of not being the world's reserve currency anymore.
"Printing" money is more a figure of speech than reality, nowadays. It doesn't matter the form, be it digital or cloth, and removing the cloth currency won't stop fiscal irresponsibility. It would, on the other hand, make it much easier for the government to tax every single dime made or spent, as well as making sure your cash is stored in the banking industry. There, it is ripe for picking whenever a bail-in is deemed necessary.

This will also help insure no man shall buy or sell without a particular mark.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
"Printing" money is more a figure of speech than reality, nowadays. It doesn't matter the form, be it digital or cloth, and removing the cloth currency won't stop fiscal irresponsibility. It would, on the other hand, make it much easier for the government to tax every single dime made or spent, as well as making sure your cash is stored in the banking industry. There, it is ripe for picking whenever a bail-in is deemed necessary.

And don't forget what happened to Greece when the govt decided that they would take a percentage of what you have in the bank for the good of the country.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you give us some sources where you "heard" this?
The part about the fed report came from a source who wishes to remain anonymous. (Yeah, I know)
As to the dollar losing out as the reserve currency of the world, there are many reports from many sources all over the internet. There have been books written recently which say pretty much the same thing.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts

I'm not concerned with a "Mark" on my body,I'm concerned of the work of my hand and what I think.

·
Registered
965 Posts
The part about the fed report came from a source who wishes to remain anonymous. (Yeah, I know)
As to the dollar losing out as the reserve currency of the world, there are many reports from many sources all over the internet. There have been books written recently which say pretty much the same thing.
Well if it's a super secret source that wants to remain anonymous the it would be kinda hard for us to have heard this, right? No I haven't heard anything about this other than from you and your secret source.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
The ultimate loss of privacy would be to have every single transaction be digitally recorded with no option to use cash. It would lamost kill certain private seller/buyer transactions

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
The ultimate loss of privacy would be to have every single transaction be digitally recorded with no option to use cash. It would lamost kill certain private seller/buyer transactions
There will ALWAYS be a way around everything. What man can conceive, man can screw up.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just did 3 weeks in Europe; London, Paris, Geneva, Florence and all those places have cash/coins and it seemed they where more used to people using cash over Cards. As for the government getting ride of cash, well the credit card companies would love it, and so would the banks, however its not really practical. As even the government uses cash. But it would open up a pandora's box of underground currency that would under mind the credit system that would replace cash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts