Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use one of these? I'm looking for a good BOB and it just seems there are so many choices and opinions. I like this one because it has a built in bladder pouch. It also has a laptop compartment that in my opinion has no real world survival use unless I have precious documents. Anyway if anyone has opinions on this please tell me. I also can't find if it has an internal frame or not. I like the idea of an IBLE but can't find one for a reasonable price. Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
69 Posts
That one is pretty big, as in 3000 cubic inches. I use one of their Venture packs, which is around 1600 cubic inches, as my get home bag and have had no problems with it.

In my experience, those that buy large packs tend to overpack.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I concur. I suppose I need to really figure out what's going in the pack besides food, clothes, ammo, sleeping bag, maybe a tent, and basic camp/survival gear. I mean I think a get home bag absolutely smaller would be better. But if I need to live out of this thing medium or large would be best as long as I distribute weight accordingly. I know the IBLE it's like 4300ci or something. That would be so easy to overpack.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Basically since its just my gf and i have a perfect idea for our BOB's.
i BOB is a full 72 hr BOB that has all med kits, mre's, water, tablets, tube tents, etc essential for bugging out that she will carry and its light weight
the second bag which is what ill be carrying contains our 2 tactical vests with ammo, radios, 2 knives, and a couple other misc. things. this bag once to a safe area will either be lightened severely or tossed away

the NUMBER#1 thing i always see/hear with ppl and their bugout bags...overpacked and too much weight of unneccessary items.

My gf and i plan to have just enough supplies which is what the 1st BOB is for to get to our bugout location. the 2nd BOB is just supplies to ensure we get to our bugout location. in the end only 1 BOB is what will be left.

Your BOB should include just enough of the necessities to get you to your location whether youre hiking, biking, motorcycling, or using a car or some form of transportation to get you there and that's it...nothing more and nothing less.

Your bug out location is where your main supplies for sustained living should be located.

This is just my opinion and you may already know these things. I'm just saying from someone who has been homeless and shelterless and survived months at a time if not yrs...you wanna travel light esp. for long distances of travel. The average american has never been homeless or shelterless much less walked a mile in their shoes to understand the more you carry 2 things can happen: you get robbed or you exhaust yourself and your supplies due to the weight youre carrying.

like i said its just my opinion here and may have jumped the gun abit...sorry! :) I get excited sometimes talkin about this stuff...lol

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
More style packs on the market than I can count. Some cool some really cool. Wide range of cost none that are really good are cheap.
Plain old Army ruck lived out of one for much longer than 3 days many times. No madder what you buy. pack it try it out refine it till you find find a load plan that works for you .
Keep in mind you may have to carry that thing a ways. If you must carry it a frame should be used. IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts