Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Even thought I carry on the hip even when in the garage/shop area, that's an interesting idea as an alternative when I need to remove it when working under the car.

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Great call shotlady! I've been using these for a few years now for multiple things. Mainly attaching to a stick and walking around one of my gravel roads picking up nails from construction being done. Sorta like a reverse metal detector. I'm embarrased to say, I went to the range and was trying to pick up spent casings.... DUH BRASS! Also would be good to retreive a fishing pole that went into the water. Right now, the ones I have are in the shed holding some tools up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you use the magnets to hang up a weapon you may want to glue a thin layerof felt or some sort of material so as not to scratch the exterior of the weapon. I hate it when I scratch a nice weapon.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use two of them as Survival does. I mounted them to an aluminum bar shaped like a hockey stick. I sweep the gravel driveway and yard for nails and screws. It also works great to pick up the welding rod stubs after a project.

I like the idea of hanging a handgun. Maybe under a table or somewhere. Good idea.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Folks, of course you know this is NOT the proper way to store a gun in the house with children around.
Attach metal tags to kids, hang them up, then guns are safe.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thanks survivor for putting that up i was swamped at work and the range tonight... but i didnt want it to go unsaid!
that wouldbe super for the safe or cabinet door. thanks for the hints to soften them for the scratch protection.

i just got my older son an fs 92 tonight and he needs more shelves in his safe. he says its too pretty to shoot. he just wants to name it and sing it songs of love and beauty. i understand. my beretta is named good morning beautiful. but that little thing sees the sun and the rain quite often. shes my show stopper.

heh the guy at the range says im the only girl he knows with gun drama lol

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Just remember that anything that you hold with a magnet will retain some residential magnetism and it could (will ) effect a compass if near by also will effect some gps with electronic compass.

@Shortlady If you have been hanging a gun with a magnet just get a compass close to it and see how it affects it. Now how do you demagnetize a gun.

Look at the good side if you have been using one of those supper magnets to hang your gun, if it gets lost you may be able to use a compass to find it. LOL No it's not that bad but it will affect a compass.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im not sure. i dont do it. yet. im one of those people if i have a gun on me, its on me or i can see it. but in a bug out situation can you put it under yer car with a good magnet? or hide in the eves of a house or well of something. this give you an doption to hide it right under someones nose in a pinch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts