Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know where I went wrong.

Pulped a bunch of mixed paper and using the brick maker I made bricks. Since I live in the desert and was doing this during the summer. It usually took three days on the rack outside for the bricks to be dried.

Made a big stack of them and stored in the garage and now that winter I tried them in the fireplace.

I laid a brick on two pieces of fatwood* and lit it up. Barely nothin. Sometimes they smolder usually they just singe. Three tries with three different bricks. All duds.

Where did I go wrong?

Fatwood if you are not familiar is a sap heavy wood and I can use three 6X3/4X3/4 pieces and it will start a split log burning. Burns hot for about 5min.

·
Registered
492 Posts
maybe you compressed them too tightly, your fat wood has that pine sap to help it along. Perhaps theres no room for fuel or oxygen. Try using a log-roller for newspapers and bind them with wire, works pretty good for me. Hope this helps. Good luck and kind regards,

punch

·
RIP Johnny
179 Posts
I haven't made any yet but have been wanting to. I've been reading up on this and watching some videos and all I gave found recommend mixing the paper and water with an organic substance like sawdust, leaves, grass clippings and so forth. You maight try this if you didn't

·
Registered
47 Posts
I haven't made any yet but have been wanting to. I've been reading up on this and watching some videos and all I gave found recommend mixing the paper and water with an organic substance like sawdust, leaves, grass clippings and so forth. You maight try this if you didn't
That's exactly what i'd heard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts