Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I am not sure if I mentioned this before but I am a pretty proficient guitar player.

I play mostly old country western music and have a 9 member band (dobro, bass, 2x guitars and 5 vocalists)

Anyway several years ago I replaced my Martin D35 which is a GREAT guitar, mine is a 1981 model

Amazon.com: Martin D35 Acoustic Guitar: Musical Instruments

I replaced it with this:

Composite Acoustics

It is a guitar with NO wood, built from carbon fiber. Since I play a lot around camp fires I love it because it never goes out of tune with the temperature changes.

I am somewhat of a guitar snob, and for the money the CA guitar will outplay anything on the market, plus the advantage of the durability of the finish.

So just a shout out to try this product, anyone else play a instrument?

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Been playing guitar for 35 years. I live just south of Nashville so of course I have the latest Les Paul Custom. I love Fenders and several other brands as well. My acoustic is an Ibanez. Love the look of that composite.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Ovations are cool, they got composite backs, right? I played one one time, it sounded nice but it kind of tore my fingers up. Sounded damn good though.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've been playing for 25 years now and often think about picking up a new acoustic. I've always been a rock player at heart with most of my focus on neo-classical in the early days though now I've grown an incredible yearning for modern country. I'm mainly an electric player though I've had many acoustics. I've always used them for particular song parts and ballads and never enjoyed playing them much beyond that and particular moments like outdoor jams and campfire strumming. I sold my last one a Guild jumbo a few years back because I so rarely picked it up though I play guitar everyday even with no more concerns for the professional side having gone into other fields. That's an interesting line of composites and I'll look around for one to check them out. It's getting about time for another acoustic for campfire playing and shtf. It hasn't been a priority though for me, but it's getting about that time to pick one up again. Afterall with no power when shtf, a tube amp and effects won't be much use.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Pretty Cool! A prepper guitar! I could definitely own one.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Musicians will be in hot demand at the end of the world to entertain us when there's nowhere to plug in our hi-fis and stuff, anyway live music is much better than the synthesised tweaked drivel on CD's and DVD's.
The gee-tar player at 3:08 in this clip guarantees the party goes with a swing, you'd never guess a plague has wiped out nearly everybody on earth and the few survivors are whooping it up, the only clue that it's a post-apocalypse world are the paraffin lamps (no electricity).
The bad old rat-racing world is dead and gone and it's epitaph is written in a snatch of song at 7:45 when somebody breaks into "I guess it doesn't matter any more"
Hey, Armageddon won't be so bad after all, bring it on..:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts