Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I used to buy that new toothpaste product by Colgate - ADVANCED HEALTH. 170 ml usually cost about close to 5 bucks....but it's "advanced, " therefore you get more for you buck! Well I got sucked in!

Last week I wanted to get several toothpaste for the stockpile and I was debating on the price between Colgate Advanced Health, and the older Colgate TOTAL (which cost half the price of Advance). So I compared what I'm getting differently if I use Advance Health instead - NONE!

I though it must be for the 12-hour protection. TOTAL got that, too!

--------------------------

I was browsing and comparing Alleve with Naproxen! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me that I read several times - they've got the same packaging info - exactly, to the letter! That includes the ingredients and the amount of ingredients!

The big difference is the price.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So if a brand says they're bringing out something "new" and "improved," chances are - they meant the packaging. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
My favorite shampoo was "improved" since the last time I bought it. The package is way smaller and flimsier. The price, of course, is unchanged. Bah humbug to shopping! :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Again!

This time, it's rubbing alcohol. Two types of alcohol by the same company - brand name EXACT - were side-by-side. Both are 500 ml.
One is identified as Isoprophyl Alcohol, and the other is Rubbing Alcohol Compound (mfr standard). The packaging looks identical except for their type.

I need alcohol as an antiseptic for cleaning a wound in case of the SHTF event. The Isoprophyl costs almost $5.00 while the rubbing alcohol costs $2.49.

The Isoprophyl alcohol says in big letters on the front label that it's an antiseptic. Well I read the back label of the rubbing alcohol where it explains what it can be used for - it also said, antiseptic!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts