Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I actually didn't grow tomatoes in the ground this year due to three years of blight in a row, despite planting in totally different locations each time. When I had them, I kept removing the infected leaves. While that helps, it doesn't cure. This year, I am growing them upside down. Still seeing blight spots, but it's minor.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
22LR Solves my most common problems with growing anything - someone always want to harvest them before me - 22LR solves that problem every time.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Tomato Blight pretty much wiped me out again this year, even with planting in different areas. The only successful tomatoes this year came from a lone one planted in a planter pot with new soil. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
We have had a pretty good three years in a row so far,we grow tomatoes in 5 gal buckets elevated with cinder blocks and wood.but,the doggone caterpillars are getting at our pepper plants that are in the ground and chewing them up at the stalk, then they go after the leaves so,every day we hunt them down and take great pleasure in making them into fertilizer with our heels.they have not went after the cukes,cilantro,carrots or the dill weed though.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I have tomatoes coming out of my ears this year. I planted 6 plants and they have been productive to say the very least. I'm giving bagfuls away. I picked my first cucumbers yesterday and they are wonderful. Squash went bonkers as usual too. I don't eat it but the wife likes it so I give that away too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts