Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone got or got to try out a Colt/walther .22LR?
I was look for something to plunk off the back porch with and thought this might be a fun gun to shoot
and it might make a good gun for fun. Are they any good?

·
Registered
240 Posts
My brother had the Colt .22 and I thought it was the cat's meow until I tried the Smith and Wesson M+P .22. I shot it and fell in love, I have had mine for about a year or so and put several hundred rounds through it. It breaks down to lean like a regular AR-15, it has the 25 round mags and last I checked they are starting to come back into stock most places. The price of the S+W is about $470 and the price of the colt is $570. The only thing the Colt had that I wish the S+W had was a dust cover. Maybe you could try both and them decide your favorite. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've spent some time with a colt and found it somewhat disappointing when compared to the S&W M&P15-22, which is as close to an AR15 as a rimfire rifle gets, where the colt just tries to look like one.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I have a colt 22, the barrel is lined looks like a barrel but its not save your money get a Ruger or S&W. Just so you know I,m a huge Colt Fan, do your research before you buy. I have not owned a S&W but have owned Ruger 10/22 I would rather have the 10/22 than the colt.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Or build your own dedicated 22 lr upper for your AR lower, another thing the colt AR 22 Lower is not an AR lower. I dont know about the S&W but the colt is will not take an AR 15 upper

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
These are not really made by Colt, are they? I know the Colt branded 1911 22LR's are made by a German firm. Umarex, I think.

Reactions: AquaHull

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
No they are only lic. by colt

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
They do run really good, but just not getting what I thought I was paying for.

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
I'm old school anyway. I like wood and steel.
That must be a function of my age.

Reactions: PaulS
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.