Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching the events in Colorado unfold mainly because I have lived in places they are showing (very past tense) and still have family there. Everyone is safe and dry.

What to me is interesting is that on two forums, this and survivalist, there hasn't been a single mention of this scenario as a disaster or the "mountain men" who are living in the hills, by water and being self sustaining. Yeah, a but of sarcasm... More directed at the tough guys on survivalist. ;)

Just find it interesting....

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
We will pray for those people.
That said How of them called those of us that prepare crazy made jokes about us.
How many of them are now wishing they had a few supplies ,a plan some tools to fend for themselves.
Natural disasters can and do happen anywhere

"Rescue teams are warning people in some Colorado towns isolated by devastating flooding against remaining there, telling them that they could face weeks without basic supplies, including running water and electricity."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013...-more-heavy-rain-deadly-floods/#ixzz2eyHBNB7G

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Disasters happen naturally and by design. A few years ago I was returning home from a night shift. You can imagine my consternation when I found the "street" in front of my home was best described as "A river runs through it" My vehicle at the time was a 93 2WD Isuzu P/U. I drove along the edge of the street closest to my house coming up into peoples drive ways to keep my engine breathing. I got home stood in my front yard checking to see how high the water was rising and where. Looked down the street and saw the county fire dept. coming up the street in an impressive looking 4WD Chevy. With their 4WD they didn't bother with my shenanigans and simply drove up the middle of the street until their engine flooded out. They were rescued by some of their colleagues and a couple other vehicles mimicking my approach. I later found out the reason my area flooded this badly was that an influential housing developer had placed his latest offering in a poorly thought out area to save his investment the county had diverted water into my neighborhood.

·
Super Moderator
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We will pray for those people.
That said How of them called those of us that prepare crazy made jokes about us.
How many of them are now wishing they had a few supplies ,a plan some tools to fend for themselves.
Natural disasters can and do happen anywhere

"Rescue teams are warning people in some Colorado towns isolated by devastating flooding against remaining there, telling them that they could face weeks without basic supplies, including running water and electricity."

Read more: Rain in Colorado hampers rescue efforts as authorities anticipate more flooding | Fox News
Exactly. How many are going to be living in shelters for an extended time instead at home. A home that was prepared with supplies... Unless its under water that is.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Exactly. How many are going to be living in shelters for an extended time instead at home. A home that was prepared with supplies... Unless its under water that is.
Thinking as a preper, when we built our new home everyone said build by and facing the creek. We built away from it on much higher ground facing away .
We had a 500 year flood a few years back it got no where near us but would have taken the house if we had built where others suggested.
We also took snow in to the thinking when not often it get hat deep it can and would have blocked off the house in a real bad year and storm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts