Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local news channel just did a story on this service and recommended it. They send you texts, emails, or even phone calls in case of any emergencies. In the news story a local guy told how police alerted him a nut was running loose in his neighborhood firing off shots from a gun.

"Examples include: evacuation notices, bio-terrorism alerts, boil water notices, and missing child reports."

You can sign up here:
https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/BFB7CC4C6C0A

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
My sister lives just outside of Denver. Her iPhone went nuts last week with the emergency notices. She didn't even know about the feature and that it's turned on automatically; you have to change the setting to disable it.

While having some notice is good, there is nothing better than just paying attention. My next phone... Will have a removable battery for many reasons.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are check boxes allowing you to set exactly what you do and don't receive. It's not like we're being asked to commit anything, so I see no risk in signing up (men in black coats going to track us down and kill everyone :mrgreen:), it's just another FREE option for people to be updated on events in their area. And it's a new system being updated as we speak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts