Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do alot of shopping at second hand stores and I have figured out that I can get an entire outfit coat to shoes and everything in between for 5-10 bucks. I started thinking I want to start collecting clothing. All sizes and kinds and they can be used by us or used in trade since access to fabric to make new would probably be really hard to come by. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I have patterns for Inor and I for shirts, pants, underclothes, etc. I buy yards or whole bolts of fabric to store, always stuff on sale or fifty percent off coupons. Old clothes I use for making quilts after saving the buttons, zippers, etc. It would be nice to have the space to store a lot of clothes in all sizes for potential trade - I would rather use the space I have for food, first aid and other things.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think we're considering a LONG term SHTF scenario here, before people are in need of new cloths. Long enough for a season change?

I don't mean to side track, but with not only our own government in all it's Federal, State, County, City forms relying on controlling us as 100% of it's happiness & livelihood, AND pretty much EVERY overseas government EAGERLY willing to jump in and take control of us given ANY opportunity... How in the world, or in what scenario would the population of the United States ever be left to their own devices for any length of time (long enough to need to replace your wardrobe)?

It's well documented our government is already training foreign governments in "crowd control in case of civil unrest" in our country.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think we're considering a LONG term SHTF scenario here, before people are in need of new cloths. Long enough for a season change?

It's well documented our government is already training foreign governments in "crowd control in case of civil unrest" in our country.
Got a link? You are obviously more proficient than I am with computers but this doesn't sound right!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Google most anything as generic as "foreign troops training".

One of a hundred sources. EXPOSED: Russian Troops On US Soil To Aid FEMA | Off The Grid News

Choose a source of your liking though. If you don't trust the sources there are videos and photos.

I haven't seen it happening in my front yard, and anything on the internet could be called "questionable", but with the current regime violating the constitution on a daily basis, there's VERY LITTLE they aren't capable of no matter how outlandish it sounds. "The governments going to FORCE everyone in the country to buy insurance?!?! Your crazy!" People said a few years ago...

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
I'm of the opinion that clothing would be relatively easy to scrounge, except maybe for footwear. Shoes or boots might be OK, but they need to be the right size so difficult to match the shoe with a prospective new owner. (The Cinderella problem)

Here's something you might want to consider though...

In 2006, I won a free poker tournament and the prize was a seat in the 2006 World Series of Poker Main Event. This seat was worth $10,000, but they wouldn't let me sell it or cash it in, so I needed several thousand dollars for a trip to Vegas. I visited just about every thrift shop, Salvation Army, and Goodwill shop within 50 miles and bought up all the high quality name brand suits I could find. I typically paid $6 - $15 each for them and then listed them on eBay. Most of them ended up selling for anywhere between $70 and $150, so within weeks I had raised a couple thousand dollars.

You could do the same thing and use the money to buy non-clothing items to barter. (Just a suggestion)

PS: I played my heart out and finished in the top 40%, but didn't take home any cash. Still, with almost 9,000 players and over $85 million in total prizes, it was (and still is) the biggest prize pool for a "sporting" event ever, so I'm happy to have been a small part of this historic event. Of course, I would have been much happier had I finished first and won over 12 million in cash. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Google most anything as generic as "foreign troops training".

One of a hundred sources. EXPOSED: Russian Troops On US Soil To Aid FEMA | Off The Grid News

Choose a source of your liking though. If you don't trust the sources there are videos and photos.

I haven't seen it happening in my front yard, and anything on the internet could be called "questionable", but with the current regime violating the constitution on a daily basis, there's VERY LITTLE they aren't capable of no matter how outlandish it sounds. "The governments going to FORCE everyone in the country to buy insurance?!?! Your crazy!" People said a few years ago...
I still believe in my heart that those foreign troops will be on their own as any troops in the USA and Canada would go home to protect their families.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts