Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,700 Posts
I expect unrest in major metropolitan areas.
I don't expect the suburbs to see anything of significance.
If you go out, go armed. You could find yourself caught in the middle of a riot. Keep calm, chant with the crowd and be loud, and work your way to the fringe of the mass before making a discreet exit. DON'T STAND OUT!

The transition will be painful, but temporary.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
I guess it depends on what you mean by transition. Getting out of the riot, I agree.

But I also see this transitioning into more and frequent riots. Rioters are peaceful protesters and gain from looting. Looting is lucrative, no out of pocket expenses and all profit. Plus they rarely are caught, and even then are usually let go.
The transition from abortion being federal protected to no longer being so...
Like the flailing of a dying animal, the end will be violent and dangerous, but it will end, and the idea will be dead.

Humans riot for stupid reasons. We'll never be passed that.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
And now they are about to pass a federal red flag law. That will also add fuel to the fire.
Can you provide support for this?
I know my backstabber of a senator (Cornyn) is leading the committee on the efforts in the senate, but to my knowledge (with constant updates from GOA) they've not made any headway in instituting a federal red flag initiative. They ARE pushing for a slush fund to entice states to enact such laws, but I haven't seen anything that shows the feds working to implement them.
If that's happening, I want to know ASAP.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
It has passed the house and is in the senate.

It seems like it's stuck in the senate. Probably over money.

And I don't think Cornyn will ever win here again.
I appreciate the link.
I have not been following the House, since the lunatics in control there can get whatever the hell they want.
The Senate "compromise" is what I've had my eye on. That's the one with the funding provision to incentivize states to enact red flag laws.

The word "compromise" has lost all meaning.
What did the other side give up?
"We want to ban all guns, but we'll settle for this" isn't a "compromise".

And it looks like Cornyn was chosen to head the group because he rode into his 6 year term in 2020 and still has 4 years left.
He hopes we'll all forget what he did here.
He is wrong.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Could be announced tomorrow...
The court apparently updated their website calendar to include this Friday as a day for rulings to be released. Fridays are not normally designated for such actions.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
they did rule in favor of constitutional carry.
It wasn't a ruling on "constitutional carry", as many states know it.
It was a ruling stating that no "reason" must be required for a license to carry a concealed firearm to be issued.
NY required that applicants supply a justification for why they felt the need to defend themselves.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Nope, they are delaying it again.

BUT they did rule in favor of constitutional carry. I believe this was a case from NY and I bet the liberals go ballistic (pun intended) over this one.
Overturned today!

We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled. The Constitution makes no reference to abortion, and no such right is implicitly protected by any constitutional provision, including the one on which the defenders of Roe and Casey now chiefly rely—the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. That provision has been held to guarantee some rights that are not mentioned in the Constitution, but any such right must be “deeply rooted in this Nation’s history and tradition” and “implicit in the concept of ordered liberty.” Washington v. Glucksberg, 521 U. S. 702, 721 (1997) (internal quotation marks omitted). The right to abortion does not fall within this category.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts

Christians have been quick to comfort those upset by this action by reminding them that Roe V. Wade was just a clump of words and it's really not even viable until the 199th trimester anyway.
🤣

• Haha
Reactions: CC Pereira

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Just got a text from our church security lead. He's a peace officer in our area, and got an email from the local PD concerning unspecified threats from the "Jane's Revenge" group who've threatened to vandalize churches across the nation starting around 8pm.
He's asking any available security team members to hang out at the our church tonight to prevent what he hopes will be nothing at all.
We're not in a big city, and it's pretty red around here, but it only takes one crazy person to destroy a building with fire. I expect nothing will happen, but I'm in a much safer area than some.
Keep eyes open tonight folks.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Wouldn’t telling women they have NO control over THEIR bodies be a form of Slavery? Seems like it…
Women have full control over their bodies.
If you are implying they have control over the other body inside them, no... that body also has autonomy, and when the single individual nature has charged with keeping it safe is the same one that wishes to kill it, the law should step in and say no. Now, certain states can make the decision to do so, and others can make the decision not to.
The average human has one heart, one brain, two arms, two legs, ten fingers, and ten toes.
When that description changes to double all of the above as being one human, then your point about "their body" might have some merit.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
You don't want to discuss how unrest over the SCOTUS decision steamrolled over the popular vote in an unrest thread?
We are not now, nor have we ever been, a majority-rule democracy. That was by design.
We are a society that functions using a foundational set of laws, and adds to them via democratically elected representatives who campaign to vote on our behalf.
There is no such thing as "the popular vote" in our legislative process.
This should have been covered in your civics class.

I'm sorry the constitution is happening to you. 😢

As for allowing women to decide...
I believe all women should have the choice to engage in the ONLY activity that can lead to pregnancy. If that choice is not given, and the activity is forced, even though that is not the fault of the resultant child, then and only then do I believe the woman should be given another choice. (life-threatening issues aside)
Adults should be free to make the decision to have sex. They should expect the consequences of doing so in an unprotected way. Once they've willfully created a new human life together, that life should be protected. If we restore the sanctity and value of human life back into society, the mother will assume the role of protector once again.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Bwahahahaha! You’re funny.
So you believe in the right to own human beings then, if your state decrees it.
Owning people as slaves was made illegal by constitutional amendment, meaning the states collectively outlawed it, via ratification, at the federal level.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Man. Sooooo off base. But what do you figure from a bunch of people wishing that society would crumble so they can kill off those that they feel are subhuman. Most of you live in this fantasy, and this thread is another example. You’re the ones demanding to tell people who they can marry and women what to do with their bodies, not me.

Please show me ANYWHERE I said I wanted slavery or condone it. I’m waiting…
Please show anywhere that anyone said they wanted to tell people who they can marry or what women can do with their bodies.

Reactions: CC Pereira

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Being new here but not new to forums I am pleased with the response my post has gotten. However I am disappointed that we have allowed 1 person to not only change the subject matter from what the OP was intended for but also that 2 moderators are the ones still engaging with this guy.
Thems the breaks...
You control what you post. You can't control what happens next.

Reactions: Michael_Js

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
The majority of the US public (64%) favor Roe vs. Wade. How does the SCOTUS botch that one?
Latest poll from Rasmussen says otherwise:
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 50% of Likely U.S. voters approve of the Supreme Court abortion ruling, including 38% who Strongly Approve of the decision, which means that each state can now determine its own laws regarding abortion. Forty-five percent (45%) disapprove of the Supreme Court’s new ruling, including 38% who Strongly Disapprove.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts