Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new here (though not new to prepping) so if I have this post in the wrong area please forgive me.

Living in the "Burbs" I have been making preps in case Roe is overturned. I have improved the fencing around the property. I have installed 11 cameras at my home both inside and out. I have also done the normal things that would be done if one were expecting unrest and martial law.

If there are others that feel as I and have ideas I might not have thought of please feel free.

Though I reside in the suburbs I own raw land in the sticks I could escape to if the need should arise.
Tree Sky Entertainment Fire Heat

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Ha Ha No Doubt...Last time I checked peaceful protest did not involve the use of molotov's and explosives.
You haven't watched the news lately, have you?

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,604 Posts
I expect unrest in major metropolitan areas.
I don't expect the suburbs to see anything of significance.
If you go out, go armed. You could find yourself caught in the middle of a riot. Keep calm, chant with the crowd and be loud, and work your way to the fringe of the mass before making a discreet exit. DON'T STAND OUT!

The transition will be painful, but temporary.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Reactions: CC Pereira

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
Ha Ha No Doubt...Last time I checked peaceful protest did not involve the use of molotov's and explosives.
The you haven't been paying attention. ALL Antifa and BLM's protests are peaceful.

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
I guess it depends on what you mean by transition. Getting out of the riot, I agree.

But I also see this transitioning into more and frequent riots. Rioters are peaceful protesters and gain from looting. Looting is lucrative, no out of pocket expenses and all profit. Plus they rarely are caught, and even then are usually let go.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I expect unrest in major metropolitan areas.
I don't expect the suburbs to see anything of significance.
If you go out, go armed. You could find yourself caught in the middle of a riot. Keep calm, chant with the crowd and be loud, and work your way to the fringe of the mass before making a discreet exit. DON'T STAND OUT!

In my neighborhood we have a lot of retired veterans and I see lots of USMC and POW flags in yards. One guy even has 2 WWII jeeps. I like to be ready anyhow.

·
Super Moderator
10,604 Posts
I guess it depends on what you mean by transition. Getting out of the riot, I agree.

But I also see this transitioning into more and frequent riots. Rioters are peaceful protesters and gain from looting. Looting is lucrative, no out of pocket expenses and all profit. Plus they rarely are caught, and even then are usually let go.
The transition from abortion being federal protected to no longer being so...
Like the flailing of a dying animal, the end will be violent and dangerous, but it will end, and the idea will be dead.

Humans riot for stupid reasons. We'll never be passed that.

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
The transition from abortion being federal protected to no longer being so...
Like the flailing of a dying animal, the end will be violent and dangerous, but it will end, and the idea will be dead.

Humans riot for stupid reasons. We'll never be passed that.
I expect that may be the spark that ignites the fire. But I doubt that is the only reason. TPTB are telling us to expect severe food shortages. Gas prices are climbing ever higher and now the talk is of inflation, recession or both, depending on who you listen too.

Fewer people are working. How they are feeding their families, other than SNAP benefits, is beyond me. Remember when the SNAP system went down for about 12 hrs in a few states? Some stores were destroyed because the system didn't work at that moment. That was just a preview of the coming attraction.

And now they are about to pass a federal red flag law. That will also add fuel to the fire.

The rest of the year should be quite interesting.

·
Super Moderator
10,604 Posts
And now they are about to pass a federal red flag law. That will also add fuel to the fire.
Can you provide support for this?
I know my backstabber of a senator (Cornyn) is leading the committee on the efforts in the senate, but to my knowledge (with constant updates from GOA) they've not made any headway in instituting a federal red flag initiative. They ARE pushing for a slush fund to entice states to enact such laws, but I haven't seen anything that shows the feds working to implement them.
If that's happening, I want to know ASAP.

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
I know my backstabber of a senator (Cornyn) is leading the committee on the efforts in the senate, but to my knowledge (with constant updates from GOA) they've not made any headway in instituting a federal red flag initiative. They ARE pushing for a slush fund to entice states to enact such laws, but I haven't seen anything that shows the feds working to implement them.
It has passed the house and is in the senate.

It seems like it's stuck in the senate. Probably over money.

And I don't think Cornyn will ever win here again.

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
And it seems they may have reached a compromise.

·
Super Moderator
10,604 Posts
It has passed the house and is in the senate.

It seems like it's stuck in the senate. Probably over money.

And I don't think Cornyn will ever win here again.
I appreciate the link.
I have not been following the House, since the lunatics in control there can get whatever the hell they want.
The Senate "compromise" is what I've had my eye on. That's the one with the funding provision to incentivize states to enact red flag laws.

The word "compromise" has lost all meaning.
What did the other side give up?
"We want to ban all guns, but we'll settle for this" isn't a "compromise".

And it looks like Cornyn was chosen to head the group because he rode into his 6 year term in 2020 and still has 4 years left.
He hopes we'll all forget what he did here.
He is wrong.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
75 Posts
The roe riots is just another focal point to stir up feelings and protests. As with the virus. Like blm they will use it to focus your attention when it should be on other things. Anyways, have you thought about dead drop door brackets to prevent entry? Chicken wire over windows to prevent said Molotov cocktails entering the house? Adt security sign in the front yard? 😆

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The roe riots is just another focal point to stir up feelings and protests. As with the virus. Like blm they will use it to focus your attention when it should be on other things. Anyways, have you thought about dead drop door brackets to prevent entry? Chicken wire over windows to prevent said Molotov cocktails entering the house? Adt security sign in the front yard? 😆
In Florida we have other potential issues that can cause havoc (see N.O. hurricane Katrina looting) other than political. I love the chicken wire idea and will buy a roll on my next hardware store run.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts