Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
We stopped doing the gift thing when we realized we get what we want, when we want it.

Nowadays, our shared gift is running down to seafood restaurants in the Florida panhandle.

How about you?

·
Administrator
14,696 Posts
As an old retired couple with income not that far above the federal poverty line, we exchanged a few very small gifts and used the day to praise our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
We have not done the materialistic thing in decades, since the children grew up and left the nest.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
Once again, Santa chose to ignore my Christmas wish. I am beginning to think he doesn't exist. :tango_face_grin:

Girl under Christmas tree.jpg

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hey guys! Hope you all had a good Christmas... Anyone get any cool prepper stuff?
My wife moved away in 2013 (or thereabouts) so the money I make goes towards things I want all year long. Everyday is Christmas day in the house of ActionJackson. I'm about prepped out. I have so much stuff I don't even know what to do with half of it. Lots of redundancies. Am currently focused on re-doing my "get home bag." My bug out bag as everything I could possibly need and more. So ... as a hobby (at this point) I'm just going to create a smaller get-home-bag for the fun of it. I'll likely never leave my home during a real crisis and I only live 3 minutes from where I work.

Anyway ... I'm rambling now since I don't have anything else to do.

·
Registered
743 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I find it funny that My in-laws think they need to get me survival stuff.... Got some pre-packaged doomsday pack from my sister in-law and a trapper's bible. I chuckle that they believe they have gotten me the perfect gift of something I have lots of.... I get them Preps that they don't realize are preps.. Jars and canning equipment, wine, flashlights, silver.. etc.

My Brother did get me a sweet humidor and a 50pk cigar sampler!!

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
It's not fair that you have two stockings to fill. I think I should get at least one of 'em.
Dude! Life ain't fair, we know this to be true. Some people have two stockings, some have none. :devil: Unfortunately, because Santa hates me, I have none. :vs_mad:

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Santa brought me a cool fanny pack but it aint big enough to hold squat and has too many zippers for me to find what I need so I am back to wearing a nail apron. In fact I bought myself a new one for Christmas. Real nice big one from Ace Hardware. Wear a long tail shirt and nobody ever know you got it and if they do its just a man purse for old guys without enough pockets. They call em waist aprons at the store.
https://www.acehardware.com/search?query=waist+apron

·
Administrator
14,696 Posts
Reactions: Slippy and Denton

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
313 miles from the homestead. A little over 4 hours.
We should do it!!
If you are up to it, I am game!

If you know of a more neutral place, I am game! Old injuries keep me from traveling very far but I'm good for a couple of hours of driving.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Most everything I received was needed in one way or another.
One thing I got was, I'm afraid to say... a "Drone".
I had been hinting to the wife and she actually came thru. It's a lower end model, all the basics, camera,etc.
I've been around a couple people with them. My company, a trucking company has one.
It's really amazing what you can do with one. Pictures, videos, surveillance, scouting, etc, etc.
Once I develop the skills and confidence I can move up to the higher end models.
I live on 12.5 acres in a rural area....... Please forgive me..... I know how some on here really hate these.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts