Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
15,444 Posts
The fallout from this may hit anyone who has filed for PTSD disability from the VA. Given the current gun control controversy in this country.

Reactions: AsteroidX

·
Administrator
15,444 Posts
It was likely coming for that diagnosis anyways if they choose to come after the mental health stuff on gun control. HIPA still says that information cant be disclosed without your signature.
Perhaps HIPA will be changed, as part of a "grand compromise" on gun control.

Reactions: AsteroidX

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
If the US Govt gets really serious about clamping down on gun control and seizing guns off people, i can foresee them using this Founding Father quote to try to back themselves up-

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams

So if anybody has got a rap sheet, (even for little things like jaywalking or parking fine etc), the Govt might see it as an excuse to instruct police chiefs to go grab their guns on the grounds that they're not "peaceable citizens".
The moral for preppers is therefore- "Stay squeaky clean"

(That's how it works in Britain, anybody can apply to the police for a gun licence, who'll then run detailed background checks, but if they've got the slightest blemish against their character the local police chief will refuse their application AND will probably bring them in for questioning to find out why they wanted a gun!
Personally they'd never let me have a gun over here because i once served 3 months in the slammer on a vigilante rap, so when SHTF I'll have to use sharp sticks to fight off the zombs)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.