Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So I have a couple good deals pop up.

1. An hr pardner shotgun. $225 includes the transfer fee, and some ammo. I don't have a shotty, so this would be nice.

Chevy truck. 4x4 runs drives, behind on paperwork a bit. $200. Yes. Two hundred dollars. I can clean it up and resell for more or drive the piss out of it. Body is nice just needs paint on the hood.

That is the dilemma. I could maybe get both.

I already have a truck, but it'd be nice to have a smaller truck that's better on gas. Plus it's 4x4. I could make it my BOV.

I have a rifle and a handgun, no shotgun. I know the pardners are going for about $250 around here. I've seen them for as much as $300. So I'll be saving about $75 and getting ammo. So I could be making out ahead depending on the ammo included.

Ugh. I wish I had a pocket full of cash.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
You have a rifle and hand gun so get the truck for a off road vehicle. I have an old beat up pickup that I drive a lot to save mileage on the newer vehicles. Plus if I go camping or hiking I don't like to leave a new vehicle parked in the woods. A beat up truck is the best thing to go 4-wheeling in as you don't have to worry so much about tearing it up.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buy both. Ill come get the chevy and reimburse you. Seriously.
Are you in California? Lol. If you're serious I'll drag it home this weekend. I will need to get tires and a battery but I know it drove to where it sits, so it should drive home (one way permit of course) It's a 198X so it'll need smogged.

Forgot to mention its a s15 or s10 type truck. Long bed, but it looks like its never had anything in the bed.

I know its worth way way more, but he has another truck he drives more, doesn't use this one, and it just sits. Needs a good soap and water treatment and a buff/polish. Interior is ok, dash is cracked of course, and seat has been replaced.

Can't beat that for $200. When I was in Nevada, we used this kind of truck (beater) up in the hills. We all had Nevada pin striping haha

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have a rifle and hand gun so get the truck for a off road vehicle. I have an old beat up pickup that I drive a lot to save mileage on the newer vehicles. Plus if I go camping or hiking I don't like to leave a new vehicle parked in the woods. A beat up truck is the best thing to go 4-wheeling in as you don't have to worry so much about tearing it up.
I have 4 cars lol

A project hot rod

A truck

A nice cruiser

And a daily. The daily is a beat to crap lesabre, rusted clapped out pos. but it gets close to 30 highway, is super dependable, and drives nice.

The truck is ok. It's dependable, but it is a pain to drive, and the gas mileage bites. With the OD, I CAN get close to 20 highway, but city is less then half that. It needs a new motor. If I put another $100 on top of the money for the chevy, I can get the rods I need to further the motor build.

The hotrod is a work in progress. It's one of those, I'll get to it some day vehicles.

The cruiser, has a big block ford 429 and gets maybe 6 mpg. It needs a gas tank, otherwise its ready to go.

Hmmmm

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
The price on the truck is below scrap price, the price on the shotgun is just OK. Easy decision to make. I bought a HR Pardner pump about two years ago at a black Friday sale for $149 IIRC, I know prices have gone up, but I think you can still get them under $200 if you watch the ads.

·
Registered
559 Posts
The price on the truck is below scrap price, the price on the shotgun is just OK. Easy decision to make. I bought a HR Pardner pump about two years ago at a black Friday sale for $149 IIRC, I know prices have gone up, but I think you can still get them under $200 if you watch the ads.
This is what I was thinking. That isn't a very good price on the shotty, I'd pass - unless it is coming with ammo or something... Not to say HR aren't good, both shotguns I own are HR and they are great, but I wouldn't pay over $150 for one in like new shape. At least that is a realistic price around me.

The truck is probably around scrap price - if you can flip it and make some money, go for it. If not - don't buy it and let it sit - sounds like you already have plenty of wheels.

Otherwise I'd pass on both.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What does "behind on paperwork" mean?
He stopped driving it, and failed to register it. It's behind a couple years. No big deal, maybe $200 or so to bring current.

I do want the truck. I've driven it before and it was solid. It would be an awesome beater. Actually, its fairly nice under the dirt and grime. It just fell by the wayside.

It'd be a shame to scrap it. Worst case scenario, find a nicer one, needing a drivetrain, and swap.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Personally I'd go with the truck and flip it since you don't need it. Then I'd go out and buy a shotgun if that's what you want. Wish some one would offer me a Chevy 4x4 for $200 I had to get rid of my 1/2 ton last year and pick up a gas sipper, the 1/2 ton was eating me out of house and home, I swear it was a 1/4 tank every time I turned the key. I miss my truck.

-Infidel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.