Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out that 73% of our cocoa beans come from West Africa. The Chocolate companies are raising money to support the efforts of the Red Cross as they try to help in this Ebola epidemic. (Most of their labor force comes from Ghana, Sierra Leone, and Liberia.)
And so, the rising cost of candy bars will come back to us.
hmmm. Guess Halloween is out this year.

·
Registered
12,477 Posts
I wounder if the pickers of the chocolate can contaminate the chocolate? Or is the virus killed in the processing?

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Thanks Bag Lady. Now I have no reason to live. Who cares about Obola if we can't have chocolate?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
And so does south America. West Africa's not the only place. The only trouble is that we really need the rainforest. In case this little fact, the rainforests supply 30,% of the clean air for the planet. Besides, there's plenty of room in central America for growing cacao.

·
Registered
21,168 Posts
And so does south America. West Africa's not the only place. The only trouble is that we really need the rainforest. In case this little fact, the rainforests supply 30,% of the clean air for the planet. Besides, there's plenty of room in central America for growing cacao.
So, if the Ebola were to kill all of the West Africans, the rainforest's would theoretically thrive and we would have cleaner air? Hmmm...

·
Registered
12,477 Posts
So, if the Ebola were to kill all of the West Africans, the rainforest's would theoretically thrive and we would have cleaner air? Hmmm...
Do you think team Obama will make this an EPA mandate? Or while the military is in Liberia does he expand the mission? Or would this be the Department of Education airlifting cucumbers and condoms?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
No chocolate would truly be TEOTWAWKI. :eek:

Furthermore, being highly susceptible to cravings these days, you have no idea how badly I'm dying for chocolate right.this.minute. The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wounder if the pickers of the chocolate can contaminate the chocolate? Or is the virus killed in the processing?
This is my concern as well. I've been asking around about the life of the virus on inanimate objects/foods etc. Havent gotten an answer yet.

Reactions: TG
1 - 20 of 34 Posts