Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10,786 Posts
The public HS I graduated from had American Indian only meetings with free snacks provided by the HS

the school my wife teaches at has black teacher only meetings

the AL university my daughter attends withdrew a small portion of her 100% scholarship to entice non-white and non-Asian students

the Army I served in for 25 years alway had an officer assigned to ensure that non-whites had preference for selection to choice assignments….

yes, racism IS alive and well in America.
Heard a talking head on the radio today saying Obummers weeding out of all the non-woke military leaders may have swung the last election. They refused to do what Trump wanted done to stop the BLM/Antifa peaceful riots and looting.. Highly sick situation. Can we still win a war?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Most of y'all are too young to have grown up in the segregated South, where that word was a very derogatory name for black people.
We will not be using that here.
If you have a problem with that, leave.
I guess rice paddy could be derogatory towards vietnamese people too huh?
Goodbye.

·
Administrator
15,267 Posts
I guess rice paddy could be derogatory towards vietnamese people too huh?
Goodbye.
I have Vietnamese friends, do you?
Good bye.

·
Super Moderator
3,602 Posts
Black 5 I had no idea you were a musical fan. Did you see it live?

• Haha
Reactions: 65mustang

·
Registered
204 Posts
Twice.
And I use it occasionally with the high school kids when teaching about the 60s and the social changes in relation to the conflict in Vietnam era.

I'm an outspoken jerk, but I'm not a philistine.
And I am old enough to remember a lot from first hand experience, not just tales of how it used to be.
And again, I'm gone.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,750 Posts
Hubs wants a chicken coop. He'll build it or buy it--whichever, but he wants me to take care of it. I've been looking into the care and keeping of chickens and it doesn't seem like rocket science, but it's just one more thing to take care of and I'm pretty busy these days.

What do you think of the idea of telling him to go ahead and set it up? Then if we actually need the eggs post shtf ( 'cause lets say we can't buy them anymore), I can get a few chicks from my friend and we're in business.

ETA: Oh, and one more thing...We're not zoned for chickens so they'd have to be kept on the QT. Clandestine chickens.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The only poisonous snakes in my AO are Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnakes, Water Moccasins, Timber Rattlesnakes, Pygmy Rattlesnakes, and Coral Snakes.
You really have to work hard at getting bit by a Coral, they don’t strike and bite, they chew.

Any poisonous snake found in the two acres around the house will be killed to protect our dogs.
Any non poisonous snake found in the chicken area after feed or eggs will be killed. Spooked hens don’t lay eggs as they should.

I have let rattlers go when I see them in our woods, they are part of the ecosystem and fulfill a role.
Around here, any rattlesnake that I find fulfill a role as a dead snake destined for marinating and being tossed on the BBQ grill.

·
Administrator
15,267 Posts

They don't make a peep.
😁
Friends don’t let friends buy Tyson.
Before they closed their processing plant in Jacksonville there were many Tyson contract farmers around here, some were my neighbors.
Tyson provided the chicks, 50,000 per barn, and provided all the “feed”.
I know how the operation worked.

We only buy Claxton or Purdue chicken at our house.

Reactions: Kauboy

·
Registered
655 Posts
About 20 years ago 5 chickens walked into our yard, 1 rooster 4 hen's. I have no idea where they came from but they hung around so we fed them. They slept in the tree's at night. They multiplies to where I had over 40 give or take and we cut a hole in a shed and built some nesting boxes. I got enough eggs for my entire family. I didn't use a fence and we lost several to preditors over the years.

The city finally told me I had to get rid of them. I told them they aren't mine, they are just wild animals that hang around, LOL. Some had names but that is another story. They came and caught them all and I have always missed them.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,750 Posts
About 20 years ago 5 chickens walked into our yard, 1 rooster 4 hen's. I have no idea where they came from but they hung around so we fed them. They slept in the tree's at night. They multiplies to where I had over 40 give or take and we cut a hole in a shed and built some nesting boxes. I got enough eggs for my entire family. I didn't use a fence and we lost several to preditors over the years.

The city finally told me I had to get rid of them. I told them they aren't mine, they are just wild animals that hang around, LOL. Some had names but that is another story. They came and caught them all and I have always missed them.
Aw, that was too bad!

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,750 Posts
Found this to help answer my own question, but other opinions are most welcome please and thanks.

Quiet Chickens – What Breeds to Choose in the Suburbs

41 - 57 of 57 Posts