Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a helpful tidbit from a very VERY unhappy Chiappa M9-22 purchaser. If you're thinking about buying a Chiappa I suggest you move on. This pistol is nothing more tha a replica Baretta 92 (military M9) but in .22LR caliber. I saw good reviews on it on YouTube but I guess those are the only guns in existence that even function. The double action on the pistol is completely NON-existent, it fails to feed, fails to fire and if it does fire it fails to extract! So I have a lot of dremmeling to do. Grrrr...:mad: I have only put about 15 rounds through it. At most I was able to fire 3 consequetive rounds in a row until failure using different ammo.

Their customer support is H O R R I B L E when existent at all. The pistol...a piece of junk! It's going to cost ME 1/4th the price of the gun to have THEIR WARRANTY work done on it!! So it looks like I bought a "project gun" for $330. I'm not PAYING to have warranty work done. I read a guy sent his in for work and after 3 months they still had his pistol. Wow.

I'm an experienced "tinkerer" in the garage so I may be able to get it to work. I'm going to dremmel the crap out of everything sharp on it...smooth everything up and make it a "loose" fitting pistol...like the rifles we had in boot camp, loose and rattle ridden but fired every time! :)

chiappa%20m9-22-500x500.jpg

·
Administrator
15,029 Posts
Gee, Guns And Ammo magazine gave it and their 1911 22LR pistol glowing reviews. But then, when does G&A ever NOT give glowing reveiws?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
For a little more money the S&W M&P22 is the rimfire pistol to buy (IMHO)... extremely reliable, accurate and fun to shoot :)

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Aren't there decent conversion kits for the Beretta 92? I thought I saw one in the past, but I digress.

The Chiappa company offers a 1911 in 22 LR too. A good 1911 in 22LR is hard to find, and I was considering one
and found a gun smith and catered to customizing that exact gun. If California had allowed its import I probably
would have done it, but when it all penciled out the Kimber 22LR conversion was better. Problem was I switched
from 1911 45's to 9mm's and they conversion kit didn't work on the 9mm's. A local gun smith figured out a nice
fix and now both work fine.

I love "Colts" but I'm not interested in their Umerex model 1911's, 22 LR AR's and such. I'd love a Colt Ace in
22LR but not at $1500/$2000 for a real one and not the $400 "German" made Umerex model bearing the Colt
logo either.

With ammo biting us in the butt price wise right now I think a lot of people are going to be looking at 22LR
variations to their higher powered guns for practice. Its why I got conversion kits, a dedicated AR upper in
22LR and why I bought a "%$#@" load of 22LR in the last few years.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
my friend bought a new marlin lever gun, they have sold out to some chinese crap manufacturer and there were more defects on it than functional features. It has bad screws, bad taps on some, bad but pad, bad action, the rifling showed chatter marks...he sent it back and they dared ask him why. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Cerberus Capital Management owns Marlin, Remington,Bushmaster,H&R to name just a few.
Cerberus Capital Management owns Freedom Firearms Group Inc. Freedom Firearms Group Inc. owns Marlin, Remington,Bushmaster,H&R to name just a few.
Cerberus Capital Management is trying to sell Freedom Firearms Group Inc. because a Bushmaster was reported as the primary weapon used in Sandy Hoax. Now that initial report has been retracted, and infact NO AR, AK, or FN style military type of rifle (aka Assault Rifle) was used in Sandy Hoax. But alas the public damage is done - Bushmaster is a casualty of that shooting too and Cerebrus is looking to dump it. with all of the other brands that Freedom Firearms Group Inc. owns. Taurus is one of three serious contenders to buy them and possibly the most likely.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a Taurus 92 which is the Beretta with intelligent changes but I've owned both in the same basic guns over the years. Now the Taurus is about 1/2 the price of the Beretta but the Beretta has a slightly better finish than the Taurus but many parts can be used in both guns. Main differences are between the Taurus and Beretta I had is safety has been moved to the frame rather than the slide, de-cocker added.

Now I bought a 22 conversion unit for it about 4 months after I bought it. I've put at least 2000 rounds of 9mm through the gun over two years and probably double that in 22 LR. I've never had a problem with it and both are tack drivers up to 25 yards. I also had a 22LR conversion for a Springfield 1911 but sold it about a year ago with the gun. I will say the conversions are a lot more dependable than the dedicated 22 semi autos I've seen. The only thing I found as dependable is the single action 22's on the market.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Chiappa is a weird company that makes ugly guns.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Its a little large but,how about a Ruger charger pistol?.it takes 10/22 stuff and its ultra reliable.I dont have one but my own 10/22 carbine has been with us for 35 years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts