Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Awesome! I have a kukri but no bowie. I got my kukri at Smoky Mountain Knife works in TN. If no one has ever been there, its one of largest knife works store out there. Its like a mans toy store. They have every thing from cheap knives to the best case/benchmade knives out there. I bout the kukri since it was cheap (less than 10 bucks actually) and its been the best, most bad a** knife I have so far. Thanks for sharing David!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I live about an hour and a half from Smokey Mountain Knife Works, I went there this past weekend. If only I had more money, I think you could spend hours in there and still not see all the knives. I don't think there's a knife made they don't have.lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have around 40 Khurkuri's made in Nepal, India buy the company that makes them for the Gurkha's, Nepal police and the civilian market there. While Cold Steel makes a great stamped steel blade you will toss them should you find a real Khurkuri.

Note, red below is not rust but copper/tomato juice etching to prevent rust on High Carbon Steel blades.

Karsten

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have used a Khurkuri for over 20 years now. It is a great tool.
Another suprise useable knife which I actually used today is my Glock knife. It took a great edge when I finally got round to honing it.
Today we cut and wrapped my wifes 10 point buck. I wanted to try the Glock out. It was dandy for the chore. The blade kept it's edge and the handle was comfortable and made deboning a pleasure and a lot easier than a regular kitchen knife or most folding blades. It was well worth
the $25 I paid for it. And you can open a beer bottle with it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts